What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Hobbit.

finally got round to seeing it and while i loved it it was confusing at times concerning the dwarves.

hard to tell who was who and they were made to look comical too often.

but the awesome locations make up for everything.

i read the book when i was about 11 and this caused a bit of fuss when i mentioned it.

a silly woman(mid 20's)said she had no intention of seeing the trilogy just as she had never watched the LOTR's trilogy.

said it showed it was a kiddies book and she was'nt into seeing kiddie films and she liked a lot of action,fights and blood and gore.

i suggested she might give it a try as it might fill her criteria.

she just looked at me and smirked.

of course it was'nt perfect but was still a very enjoyable few hours.

Hi,

Saw it last week as well, and agree on the comical part. While I enjoyed it a lot, I didn't think it was as good as the first part of LOTR.

Flash, yes, they're making this into a trilogy. Apparently it is partially to make the books connect more closely, but I do wonder what will happen to the original story. It's been a long time since I read the book, so can't really comment on differences between it and the movie.

Sanuk!

Hi,

Saw it last week as well, and agree on the comical part. While I enjoyed it a lot, I didn't think it was as good as the first part of LOTR.

Flash, yes, they're making this into a trilogy. Apparently it is partially to make the books connect more closely, but I do wonder what will happen to the original story. It's been a long time since I read the book, so can't really comment on differences between it and the movie.

Sanuk!

as i percieve it the 2nd part will feature the trials and tribulations of the journey to Erebor with long drawn out phases to plug some gaps.

if they leave out the scene featuring Tom Bombadil then that will be a disgrace and i think the journey through Mirkwood will be lengthy which i hope.

and the 3rd part will dealing with the lake city and the entering of the mountain and a long climax with Smaug.

but i could be totally wrong which i would be normal.

but i see Peter Jackson had the the original hobbit house transferred to his estate in NZ for his grandchildren to stay in when they visit.

however it's so popular with adult friends that thay all want to stay in the house despite the scale of the place.