What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Fell asleep during the hobbit. Was there on a date and that didn't pan out too well. The LOTR films had some great war scenes and cinematography but didn't do justice to the books (my opinion). Saw Cloud Atlas and fell asleep also, found the Tom Hanks character annoying - BUT - they wrapped up the film nicely and the last hour or so had some potent scenes with strong themes on life that almost had me liking the film.

The big surprise was when I got dragged to see the Tom Cruise movie (Jack Reacher) and liked it. Well done. Like collateral, very well written and executed - but probably won't be a smash at the box office.

Yep, that's a good one.

Les Mis.

read the book when i was around 13/14 and seen most of the films and the stage show several times.

always a fave of mine and i enjoyed the film.

more you can do with a film then a stage show and i liked the way the cast sung 'live'without the big music behind them at the time,sounded much more rawer.

and a lot of it filmed in my area and i recognised a lot of places.

• 1 month later...

In the Name of the father

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107207/?ref_=sr_1

Seen it many times but still worth watching.

The true story of Gerry Conlon a young man from Belfast who moved to the UK in the early 70's and was wrongly accused of the Guilford Bombings and his 15 fight for Justice, a true moving story and you wonder why the Irish still hate the English now and again.

Well worth a look even if you don't care about UK Politics, it was civil war back then.