What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Watched a few films in the last week, while up in Laos, mainly films I've seen before such as American Psycho, The Constant Gardener, Local Hero, Payback and Platoon.

However I did watch one new film for me and that was Inglorious Basterds. Fantastic, loved it. Tarantino may be an ugly cnut but he's a genius director.

Watched a few films in the last week, while up in Laos, mainly films I've seen before such as American Psycho, The Constant Gardener, Local Hero, Payback and Platoon.

However I did watch one new film for me and that was Inglorious Basterds. Fantastic, loved it. Tarantino may be an ugly cnut but he's a genius director.

A long time ago (circa 2004) I went to see the Korean film "old boy" at the Egyptian theater in LA. Tarantino was sitting in front of me at the time with some homely looking woman (probably his assistant). Anyway, they had a Q/A after the film and in the intermission went to piss and who was standing behind me but QT. Took me awhile to realize it. Asked him for his auto then felt kinda stupid.

If you haven't seen Old Boy it's one of the most potent films I've ever seen. Ever. I mean, at conclusion people left the theater in silence. Disturbed would be a better word. I don't want to say why because it would give the conclusion away, but it is quite a plot twist. And a damn good movie.

Tarantino films were always a bit heavy on the dialog for my taste, this isn't broadway, but I liked Inglorious Basterds. Didn't LOVE it, but I liked it.

Whatever.

Mekong, this is where you and I will have to agree to disagree, I always thought the Sopranos was over-rated (nothing against Gandolfini, RIP). Game of Thrones is without a doubt the best TV series (HBO) I've ever seen, 2cd place would be "the wire" (hence a little agreement there).

Been awhile since I saw a good film. Going to take a look at "end of watch" this weekend. Hopefully will duly inspire faith in Hollywood. Watched "Argo" and "Lincoln" last week, thought they were both highly over-rated.

But, to reiterate: whatever.

Silver Linings Playbook - extremely well shot, acted, written etc - but hollywood chick psycobabble.

Hescher - quite disturbing in it's execution - but more psycobabble.

3:10 to Yuma - not bad, a good western.