What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

" The Ambassador" - 2011 film created by a Dane, Mads Brügger. Had heard it was like Borat, but I found the two films different. The film's creator, Mads, purchases himself credentials making him a Liberian Ambassador. He then passes himself off as someone who wants to smuggle diamonds and goes on a bizarre path of bribing officials and entering shady deals. And they are a plenty. Though his character was a bit ridiculous the film is more subtle and serious than Borat. Anyway - I liked it a lot. So much so that I looked the guy up and watched the film he did prior, "Red Chapel."

In "Red Chapel" he took two partners, both Korean immigrants to Denmark, one of whom had a significant handicap -- into North Korea to present a sketch comedy. They got away with it by marketing it as a couple immigrants reuniting with Korea (and choosing to go to North Korea rather than South) . You can tell they went with the intent of poking fun, but the film takes on uncomfortable and serious undertones as the severity of oppression seeps out from even the most simple interactions there and this takes a toll on the immigrants, and the director. Never seen a film like it and still processing. Shame I never heard of it prior - because it's fucking good.

• Like 1

My actual friend was a mate on the ship, he was on the bridge when the pirates boarded!

He has a law suit against Captain Philips...as what actually happened and what the movie showed are not the same...

Per my friend, Ken, Captain Philips is a arrogant scum bag!

.. a law suit against Captain Philips...as what actually happened and what the movie showed are not the same...

I've read about lawsuits too somewhere on net. Perhaps they can make a movie sequel about it when all the facts are out and resolved? In mean time I still think CP is a good film.