What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Powered thru and finished watching the 10 part series....depressing

Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States

He covered all the presidents starting with FDR and all the presidents including Obama made a mess of various things.

The CIA was always in the mix much to the detriment of the USA and the world!

Exposed many things I didn't know and how many events paralleled what we saw in the 2016 presidential election....such as

FDR throwing his VP (Henry Wallace) under the bus and picking Truman to run as VP....same play used by Hillary throwing

Sanders under the bus....

If 10% of what Oliver exposes is true, the USA and the world is in a heap of trouble...the doco was made around so before

Trump was elected and still in the Obama era...and Obama was not painted as some saint...

Mindhunter

In the late 1970s two FBI agents expand criminal science by delving into the psychology of murder and getting uneasily close to all-too-real monsters.

Good series.

The USA has a weekly show called Criminal Minds and the Mindhunter is about how they built the Behavior Analysis Unit (BAU),

which the series Criminal Minds continues on with.

*** 1/2

Kingsman, Golden Circle.

I really enjoyed the first one, this one is more of the same, with the following observations.

They've adjusted this movie's appeal to a new audience of Contemporary Drifting London Bovver Boys age 18.

Plenty of not so small cameos, Elton John, et al.

Quite well acted and a little more silly than the first one. And yes "Golden Circle" is a piss joke, well there's one...

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

Baby Driver

This was very well done, great acting, realistic action and nearly realistic car chase sequences (unlike Kingsman Golden Circle).

Since the "deluge a la Weinstein" I was half expecting the Kevin Spacey character to make a pass at the Titular lead.

All in all good movie, the Love interest, Lily James, could turn me to farang women...

4 stars out of 5