What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Shooter - TV series.

Series one, episode one, is a 45 minute movie in it's own right.

The rest of series one is also very good.

Series two, not so much, very shoot'em up, in Texas and Mexico. But, ends on a cliff hanger, which makes series three worth anticipating

A Fistful of Dollars (1964)

One of Clint Eastwood's old Westerns, this scored well on IDMB - 8.0 - and that's usually a reasonable (but not infallible) guide. I know a lot of movies were kind of corny back then and some of the scripts cheesy but this was disbolical. I'd give it 2/10...and that is only because I am a fan of Clint Eastwood.

Blackway (2015) - Above average, gritty, Anthony Hopkins, Julia Stiles, Ray Liotta, Alexander Ludwig. Good vs Bad people in logging north.

Alexander Ludwig played one of the sons in Vikings, the TV series. He does a good job here too.

Well worth a watch.

Solace (2015) - Another above average, nicely made, Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Abbie Cornish, Colin Farrell.

ESP/clairvoyant and cops on the track of a serial killer. Very good

Well worth a watch.

Look for the wife in the bath.

thumb3_Moraes-Solace_782729.jpg

Assassin's Creed (2016) - started well, shot of Medieval Monks and Assassins and such, then it cuts to modern day L.A. or somewhere and a 10 yr old kid on a BMX bike failing a jump.

I turned it off/

I got past the BMX this time, turns out it's quite good movie, but less assassination going on ,than, Hollywood KungFu, sword fighting, flying through the air and so on. OK on a rainy day