What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Call Me By Your Name [2017]

Coming of age gay romance, with a peach scene that will be hard to erase from your memory forever. Set in scenic Northern Italy has some top acting. Has to be the gayest movie out there in mainstream so probably will sweep the Oscars! I'm sure it will go down with the Thai360 crowd!

Den of Thieves. Just out with Gerard Butler. Supposed to be a gritty drama of an elite police force vs an elite bad guy force. The style of the movie reminded me of Heat with DeNiro et al which I liked.

This one seemed like a bad copy to me, would not rewatch

Coincidentally I just watched Darkest Hour and I agree with Palatkik, Fantastic performance by Gary Oldman.

Fear not BB, I'll be an infrequent poster, but I do like to keep an eye on the board to see what folk are up to.

• Like 1

Small Town Crime (2017)

I like this movie, some very true to life scenarios, and good acting.

An alcoholic ex-cop finds the body of a young woman and, through an act of self-redemption, becomes hell-bent on finding the killer but unwittingly puts his family in danger and gets caught up with several dark characters along the way. IMDB

Well worth a watch.

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

I've never thought much of Kenneth Branagh and as the latest iteration of Hercule Poirot he surprised, delivering a newer take on Poirot that is quite good.

The rest of the cast, even Depp, do a good job. The whole movie is a bit more fun and less straight laced, than I was expecting, catering to the results of market research, I expect.

Any hoo, Well worth a watch. Not as "Parlour Game" as these Agatha Christie stories usually are, with a little more action, than usual.

• Like 1