Tourist Visa to the US ..

gobbledonk

With the wife and 3 kids having Permanent Residency visas to U.S., I'm thinking how hard it would be to get a tourist visa for the 57 year old mother in law that doesn't work (she lives with the older sister, taking care of the children). An immigration lawyer in Bangkok told me to forget about it and from what has been said here, she would need a decent amount in the bsank or a job to return to for her to get a tourist visa. Has anyone else gotten a tourist visa for a mother in law? It would be cheaper to fly here here for a month than fly the six of us back to LOS to see her.

I think the lawyer is right, hate to admit that. But when the immigration clowns see the ap, they probably don't look at the fact it's just a visit. They want to know she's going back to Thailand. Does she have property in her name? Lots of cash in the bank? A mother and father that she is caring for? Anything to show that she has a reason to return.

Yeah, I think it would be a waste of time. Better to let my wife try to get her mother in on a P.R. visa (if my wife goes on to get U.S. citizenship). In the meantime, I'll fly NWA one last time the summer of 2010. I'm busy switching miles between my NWA and Delta accounts and my wife's same two accounts before the end of May. By doing it now, I can get double miles and hopefully enough miles to get 6 tickets to LOS.

Archived