Groom Dies In Fight

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes sure, when you will have a classmate killed by drunk guy in an "accident" such as this one then you might change up your mind.

Stupidity is on the side of those who say "poor chap" while it could as well have been the other way around and her killing "by acciden" the bartender.

Yes sure, when you will have a classmate killed by drunk guy in an "accident" such as this one then you might change up your mind.

Stupidity is on the side of those who say "poor chap" while it could as well have been the other way around and her killing "by acciden" the bartender.

The hole you are digging is becoming deeper :shakehead

It did not say in the story that the glass was what killed him. I am assuming that by the three arrests it could have been as a result of additional blows inflicted by the bouncers.

Doesnt 'Sanuk' mean fun ? Which part of this pathetic and tragic tale involves anything resembling 'fun' ? It should have gone to Bored Bar - there are a lot of things that need fixing in Indonesia, but I think it has a bit more to offer than the chance of being snuffed in Kuta. YMMV.

"world is better without him"

World would be better without some postings.

At 22 some kids' - yes he was just a kid with the whole life before him - capacity for judgment is not fully developed, and what there is can easily be suppressed and overwhelmed by excessive alcohol intake.

It seems that judgment is poorly developed or maybe sevely impaired by some - older i guess - member of this board as well.

Strange that people here find sad that a drunk guy dies when having started the trouble but do not shed tears or say what a pity when xx thousands people die from starvation or whatever other disaster.

One death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic

Not that I care, I was just curious to see how people here would react, now I am sure you are a bunch of double standards hypocrits, good for you.

None of us were there ,we are relying on third hand accounts, and nasty shit happens to drunks the world over : the fact that this happened in the most crowded tourist precinct in Indonesia neither surprises nor alarms me.

Bali has exploded in population since the Indonesian government decided that all that tourist wealth was too valuable to be restricted to the (mostly peaceful) Balinese and started moving thousands of Javanese onto the island. Population pressures, an increase in crime and a section of beachfront that I consider to be one of the most overrated on the planet. Compared to beachfront in Oz, Kuta-Legian looks like a rubbish tip. Much worse than Pattaya, and no-one seems to give a rats arse. Agree that the Balinese have struggled in the last decade, but you really have to see the strip to believe it : some of the ruined old hotels / apartment buildings look like Beirut in the 70s but they are just left there to rot. Its hard to reconcile the modernity of downtown Jakarta with the third world 'ambience' of Bali.

Its not worth a debate, IMO - the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time and his earthly problems are behind him.

Interesting descripition of the demise of the place and the comparison with Beirut. I spent six months there in 1971/72 a few years before all hell broke loose. Actually at that time Beirut was still a very attractive metropolis and I was quite thrilled by its French inspired flair and I loved skiing at Les Cedres (should be accent grave on the first e) and Faraya.

I interviewed the leadership of the PFLP and reported home that they woved to escalate their terrorist acts. Which they did. Anybody remembered airline hijacker Leila Khaled? I also fell in love with a girl at the Palestinian Institute and had secret lunches with the 18 year old sister of my Syrian friend.

Those were the great days, but the path to disaster was already laid since the Palestinian liberation movement was expelled from Jordan and moved to Lebanon and the thus the fragile political balance in the country was shaken. The rest is horror but then I had left.

No, I'm not debating, just trying to keep this forum mentally clean after an outrageus statement that a drunk kid who lost his cool and got into a fight deserved to die.

Very, very few people deserve to die.

Archived