Vietnam Motorbike tour?

donaldenta

I would think, you can do it solo

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know I could do it solo. I've done the overland trip to Phon Phen solo (Well not exactly solo, my wife was with me). But this time around I would like to have a guide to show me things I can not find myself.

Also, I am thinking about taking a train from Hanoi to Saigon and then overland back to Bangkok solo. (Well again maybe not solo, hope to find a GFE on the motorcycle tour to travel with me to Saigon. I will be posting a different thread on this.)

offroadvietnam@gmail.com.

Try them ... if all else fails i am sure you can get one or two "motorbike girls" to ride shotgun for you :neener:

Actually I am already in an e-mail conversation with them. I ask them about p2p and they were a little evasive saying it was illegal, but women can be found in Vietnam. Do you know what I should expect when I get out of Saigon and on the road?

You are putting them in an excruciatingly difficult position, asking them to help you find illegal stuff in very police-state-ish Vietnam.

There are pimps and prostitutes quite obviously in every town in Vietnam. You will be approached by both if you present yourself, as a non-Vietnamese male, on the town's main street any evening. I have no idea if any of them will hop on a motorcycle with you for a long-distance journey; I imagine you'd have to pay cash up front, and also establish yourself as trustworthy.

I think you're much better off looking for a "girlfriend" on the internet and arranging in advance. There are a lot of prostitutes on the dating websites in Vietnam.

Archived