Entry/Exit Rules

Whitney

Could anyone please with first hand experience or information, let me know about this. I have United States passport.

I plan to to arrive and depart Thailand 3 times total within 3 weeks, going to other countries.

I will be arriving and departing from Suvarnabhumi each time I enter and exit Thailand.

I am trying to find out if there are any limits on entering and exiting Thailand within a 90 day period or any other new rules.

Would there be any problem with immigration at Suvarnabhumi with this plan.

I looked at Thai immigration and Ministry of Foreign Affairs websites, but could not find anything definite about this topic.

Thanks for any information about this.

I tried calling the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles, but no answer. I went through Lonely Planet, and Thaivisa forums, but could not find anything there.

I'm going to check a few other places before I buy my air tickets and make hotel reservations. I'm just going to make sure that for now its no problem before I make too many plans.

Hey, who knows, maybe the immigration rules will change 16 times between now and when I make my trip :grinyes:

Completely off topic, but I had a strange experience at the Chinese Consulate in LA the other day, while trying to get a visa for my wife.

She has a British passport, and it was explained to me that a green card (for US residency) would be required before the visa was issued.

God knows why the Chinese would be concerned about my wife's re-entry to the US via other ports, but I returned the next day with a certificate of US citizenship, rather than a green card, because she recently got her citizenship and the green card was no longer valid.

I'd been forewarned that Chinese Consulate personnel could be rude. So the privileged young lady behind the counter says to me, "If she have British passport, she need green card. If she US citizen, she need US passport. Does she have US passport?"

I reply, "No, not yet."

She then asks if my wife has applied for a US passport and I reply, "I don't know."

Then she looks at the paperwork and barks at me, "SHE YOUR WIFE! WHY YOU NOT KNOW?"

WTF?

Archived