41.7 million USD guaranteed

TroyinEwa/Perv

How would you like just coming out of a university knowing you would never have to work? Knowing you will be getting more guaranteed money than any other employee in your chosen profession before you've even set foot in the "office"?

Does anyone remember Ryan Leaf? Do a google if you don't.

Good work Detroit. One more blunder to go with the rest of them.

Link

Any of that part of the Detroit bailout?

Lions hired Linehan as offensive coach, didn't they? Isn't he the one who got fired by the Rams who had only a marginally better record than the Lions? Okay, Hazlett took over for Linehan, but anybody on the board could've won as many games as Linehan. An offensive genious, he ain't.

I guess this will be Culpepper's last year. But if the Lions don't get a better line in front of whoever they trot out onto the field, the result will be back-to-back 0-16's.

HH

Culpepper won't last the year. The fans will have an uprising paying a backup 70 some million bucks and they'll want to see him play. Averages out to 13 mil per. Fans won't want to see him holding the clipboard for that kind of dough.

Just did a little research on Mr. Linehan. His last 2 seasons with the Rams as head coach were laughable. His prior several seasons he was O-coord for the Rams and Vikings. Nothing spectacular there either. The Lions continue their tradition of picking losers. Of the quarterbacks drafted number 1 by them since 1990, Chuck Long, Andre Ware and Joey Harrington, I would say none have lived up to what they were expected. Harrington had only 1 marginal year in 2004 and the other 2 guys had forgetable careers.

Let's hope for the fan's sake, they at least win a few home games this year.

I'm afraid that no matter who is under center for the Lions in 2009, it won't make much difference. You could have Montana, Marino, either of the Mannings, etc. When last season's defense gave up 30 pts/game, it's a lot to ask a quarterback to cover that very often.

Archived