Anonymous lady versus Thaksin

Flashermac

Lies! Lies! Lies! Those were yellow shirts just just dressed up as red shirts. The Puea Thai MPs said so' date=' thus it must be true. :)

Fooled my Mrs though. She was 100% red shirt until that happened. Now she has nothing good to say about them.

[/quote']

maybe your Mrs. should visit youtube or read uncensored reports.

Maybe you should try thinking....

i do i do, even under massive propaganda.

I beg to differ. You've seemingly bought into the bullshit and your analytical skills have failed miserably. You're displaying the classic behaviour of someone who is incapable of changing ones mind, despite a vast array of evidence to the contrary. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, aint it? I have no real beef with you, as usually you've posted useful or valid stuff, but on this issue you are found seriously wanting.

Choosing a side (red or yellow) in this mess is just plain ridiculous. The "normal" Thai people, stuck in between 2 warring factions, are the people I care about and support.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching youtube, BBC and CNN or reading non-Thai newspapers, all I saw was Thaksin calling for civil war as well as some red shirts leaders calling for civil war and fightings with weapons.

As an outsider, I do not care if they or the government is right, all I see is the UDD calling for a civil war.

This is enough for me to consider this political movement as a threat to a country and the general well-being of the people.

Choosing a side (red or yellow) in this mess is just plain ridiculous. The "normal" Thai people, stuck in between 2 warring factions, are the people I care about and support.

Yellow, Red or Blue, whatever.

I just try to see it from both sides same as a lot of people who i know are try to do.

I see the whole mess as a struggle for power between different factions of powerful and wealthy Thais, principally of Chinese ancestry. The rank and file of the red shirts and yellow shirts are simply being used. When Mr T became PM he removed many of the old "elite" from their influential positions and replaced them with his own adherents. The yellow leaders are those ousted; the red leaders are those who gained from Thaksin. All the rest is smoke and mirrors.

I see the whole mess as a struggle for power between different factions of powerful and wealthy Thais, principally of Chinese ancestry. The rank and file of the red shirts and yellow shirts are simply being used. When Mr T became PM he removed many of the old "elite" from their influential positions and replaced them with his own adherents. The yellow leaders are those ousted; the red leaders are those who gained from Thaksin. All the rest is smoke and mirrors.

this is true.

With the remove of members of the old elites from their positions, the problem for Mr. T. begun.

Instead to fill the positions with new 'clean' people, he gave the positions to his clan and followers.

Isn't this just a part of a bigger picture? Since it is not only about who holds the power now, but setting up the stage for the future (decades?) in regard to a matter which can not be discussed?

Archived