New ATM fees -- who's charging them?

Yet oddly years ago the first time I got hit with a huge fee for using a ATM was AEON!

Maybe the dropped it?

I was charged by Kbank recently a ridiculous fee - walked into the bank to direct deposit into a K Bank account - 130 000 Baht

Was charge 150 baht for the pleasure.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Guest HonoluluJimmy

No fee for transfers inside the bank! ATM fee's vary. I'm with SCB cause they have a good rate for xfers. I'm a Merrill Lynch Acct (yippy on the stock mkt) so I just go in and transfer any amount from the ML card to my SCB account and off I go. Outside of Phuket I'm charged a whopping 20 baht at any machine and nothing at SCB machines on island. Watch what you do and how ygou do it. Worst is cash advance from an overseas credit card at an ATM. I'm a airline mile monger so I use my Thai Amex for everything, except cash as you cannot get cash from that card. Interesting side story. I'm on OA and have a Thai Credit card. Well after weeks of effort and a few days at the Amex office crying and showing my visa o many years Amex U.S. finally got Amex Thai go give me a card. I had to make an appearance at the main ofice in BKK to get them to direct pay from my SCB. Either way it was dollar to baht but they like the ML acct....

Guest HonoluluJimmy

No fee for transfers inside the bank! ATM fee's vary. I'm with SCB cause they have a good rate for xfers. I'm a Merrill Lynch Acct (yippy on the stock mkt) so I just go in and transfer any amount from the ML card to my SCB account and off I go. Outside of Phuket I'm charged a whopping 20 baht at any machine and nothing at SCB machines on island. Watch what you do and how ygou do it. Worst is cash advance from an overseas credit card at an ATM. I'm a airline mile monger so I use my Thai Amex for everything, except cash as you cannot get cash from that card. Interesting side story. I'm on OA and have a Thai Credit card. Well after weeks of effort and a few days at the Amex office crying and showing my visa o many years Amex U.S. finally got Amex Thai go give me a card. I had to make an appearance at the main ofice in BKK to get them to direct pay from my SCB. Either way it was dollar to baht but they like the ML acct....

Archived