HIV 1 and HIV 2

cheekyboy

Understanding Why Infection With HIV-2 Is Not As Bad As HIV-1

ScienceDaily â?? There are two distinct, but related, HIV viruses that humans can become infected with -- HIV-1 and HIV-2. Individuals infected with HIV-2 progress to AIDS at a dramatically reduced rate compared with individuals infected with HIV-1; in fact, most individuals infected with HIV-2 die of unrelated causes.

See also:

It is hoped that understanding why individuals infected with HIV-2 rarely progress to AIDS will help with the design of therapeutics and vaccine strategies for the treatment and prevention, respectively, of infection with HIV-1.

A new study by Aleksandra Leligdowicz and colleagues at the Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford, demonstrates that individuals infected with HIV-2 mount a strong immune response to a specific region of the viral protein Gag.

The robustness of this response was inversely correlated with the amount of virus detected in the individual. In turn, individuals with high levels of detectable virus had fewer CD4+ T cells, indicating that they were progressing towards AIDS. The authors therefore suggest that T cell responses to Gag are important in determining the better outcome of infection with HIV-2 than infection with HIV-1.

Article: Robust Gag-specific T cell responses characterize viremia control in HIV-2 infection, Journal of Clinical Investigation

Adapted from materials provided by Journal of Clinical Investigation, via EurekAlert!, a service of AAAS.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
so you're saying one needs specific (separate) tests for hiv-1, hiv-2 in order to be classed as hiv negative?

From the Avert.org website

All antibody tests should detect the most common subtypes of HIV-1. The majority of HIV tests will also now detect HIV-2 and all but the very rarest of HIV-1 subtypes (usually only found in endemic areas in West Africa). A test that specifically detects the rare HIV-1 group O is also now available, though in most cases, a standard antibody test would identify a group O infection. For detailed information, see our page about HIV subtypes.

Most germs will mutate so the "shot" that works today, will not work tomorrow.

There are cures out there but the big Pharma's and the medical industry do not want people to know about any cure because, "you provide a cure, you lose a customer". Big Pharma loves to have people on pills and shots because that's how they make their $$$.

• 3 weeks later...
So, that explains why most tests in this country are for HIV-1.

I believe that certain opposing strains of HIV-1 can develope in different parts of the world. Such fatal distintive strains that might be found in Europe have a longer life {sort to speak} than the similiar hybrid found in Asia or Africa. I know that the AIDS here in the northern provinces is quite viscious - people go real quick. Though, through education and fear - the very high percentile of infected populations have seen a steady decrease. Some ten or twelve years back, througout some provinces {Lampang, Nan, Uttaradit} there was a 11% infection. Nowhere near that today.....

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago we went through a tesing program in the local villages close to where i live in West Africa. + rate is 10% for women of child bearing age. Both HIV 1 and 2 was detected. As far as the local brothels go rate is supposed to be about 80+% needless to say i keep my dick in my pants here.

Archived