Round the world trip

savagev2

Hi Guys,

I'm taking a few years off work and travelling the world as i have just about reached 40 and i'm either having a midlife crisis or i'm seriously bored !

I'm hoping for some help from you forum members / admins on a few things ...

Indonesia and Cambodia interst me but can you suggest a few good places to go ... Ok what interests me you ask ... Well nice people would be a good start as i love interesting people and conversation ( yes i like women, drinking etc as well ) and a gym close by would be ideal to keep in shape.

Are any places worth staying at for more than just a few nights ? as i wouldnt mind spending a few months but dont want to spend a lot so can i find cheap accomadation ?

Also is it pos to pick up temp work ( my trade is over 15 years in the IT industry ) but willing to do bar work etc just enough for food and keep a roof over my head as i have money to spend but would like it go quite far as i have many places to visit

Any suggestions welcome ....

Thanks ...

No offense mate but i'm looking for new experinces and advice on where to go and stay rather than have my mail picked apart. in your experince you have meet neither but that maybe down you ?

Mai Pen Rai (nevermind). One guy I know makes a really good living coding a website for an electrical supply company. He's an Aussie, and lives in high style in Budapest, shagging those top shelf chicks. Smart guy, getting those guys to pipe the cash to where ever he decides to hang his hat. Maybe you can make that work for you? I've taken up coding on the off chance it may work for me.

But really your question is far too general to reply with any confidence. It sounds like you haven't even decided on where you want to go - so perhaps I can assist you there.

RTW tickets plonk you right into the cities. My advice would be (especially with your 3 year timeframe) is to get out of the city and explore the regions. If you are short of the folding stuff, you'll save money in the sticks too. Good luck!

Join youth hostels .YMCA..backpackers asociations they have great information on places that you can visit on a budget ..

Backpacking around Australia ..cheap and cheerful as well :thumbup:

Sounds like a good idea if you have the funds ..

Archived