Admiral Premier, Soi 23, short review

radioman

Booked through Tim at THD who once again provided a sterling service of the highest standard and efficiency. Top marks.

The Admiral Premier is on Soi 23 though actually a sub soi. From Sukhumvit take the first right and then the first left. It's about 200 metres down on the right.

One of the growing number of boutique style hotels that provide a minimal but generally very good range of facilities and service. Check in at 8:30 am was a breeze, I had booked an early check in and it was not a problem. Lobby area very nice, modern and clean. The attached restaurant, coffee shop, internet cafe looked nice though we never did get to try it. Very efficient service from the cute receptionist who had an excellent manner merely checking my name against the list and issuing room keys, all in not more than two minutes.

Room was very spacious and again both modern and clean. The faux wood floor seemed a little out of place but all in all more than adequate and great value. Very nice bathroom but no seperate shower. Okay a personal beef here from someone who hasn't had a bath in years but I'd rather they ripped out the tub and just fitted a shower, I'm sure it would be cheaper. Nice decor and all in all looked fairly new.

DVD player in the room is a nice touch and a nice size LCD tv though with satellite from somewhere other than UBC so no Thai subtitles on the movies and such, it does have Thai channels though. We didn't really watch much tv in any case but my friend watched the news and nit noy Thai movie.

Bed was good and just the right amount of firmness, we did exercise it significantly. Sofa also comfortable and suitable for multiple use. Hard surfaces similar. The floor does at least mean no carpet burns but perhaps just a bit too bare for real fun. Room lighting was okay but not the easiest to set for an appropriate mood.

Room view not particularly special but again, not high on my list, I have far better things to look at. That said it wasn't facing a brick wall three feet away and let in a good amount of light.

Overall a highly recommended hotel in the under 2500 per night category. We only stayed two nights but I would be happy to stay for a lot longer. To me the location is excellent. Walking/staggering distance from Soi Cowboy and yet in a quiet soi a little out of the hustle and bustle.

A friend wanted a room for the second night we were there but Tim advised they were fully booked. In the end he arranged a room for him at Citadines. Price was a little cheaper, under 2000, even closer to Soi Cowboy and he said it was great. I trust his judgement and I know he would say if it sucked.

Once again thanks to Tim for his effort and great service. Why would you need to go anywhere else.

Both places confirmed as guest friendly if not positively encouraging.

Cheers

Admiral Premier is quite far from Sukhumvit; how long did you have to walk to Asoke station (BTS, MTR)?

but i guess a lot of taxi to flag down as it is on the "green route".

lived on Suk Soi 23 for around one year myself but not so far into the soi; around 10 years ago when the sky train was just up and they started to construct the Metro station at Asoke

I've booked the Admiral Premier for a month in June. Rack rate for a premier studio is about 52K, but the email rate was 45K including wireless internet, Vat and service chrge. Reviews on Trip Advisor are very complimentary of the AP. Generally stay at the GP but wanted a change of scenery plus the fact the room at the AP is a lot larger plus it's new!

I don't think it's too far a stroll to Asoke BTS, well Sukhumvit MRT anyway. From the MRT exit walk through cowboy, turn left then walk up to the Vietnamese restaurant on the right hand side. Make the right turn and walk past a couple of shops, restaurant etc on the left. Make the first left, think there is a bakery on the corner, then a couple of hundred metres to the APon the right. I'd say not much more than a real 5 minutes from MRT to AP, even arm in arm with a TG.

For the realative peace I really don't think it's out of the way. For even easier I'd be looking to stay on Sukhumvit.

Archived