Sad losers wet weekend

radioman

This is a rather clinical way of looking at her and not the perspective i would spontaneously take on anybody whom I know, like or, love. I don't base my relations with other people on clinical psychology - this said with all respect for your professional competence, of course. In clinical psycho-terms I am probably a delusional old neurotic-narcistic fool but frankly that is not the view of myself - interesting though it might be - that i find the most relevant when I look my own personality in the mirror.

This girl is an actress, as you say, and that is what I and those Japanese like about her. The Japanese tend to seek stimuli to their imagination for imagination's own sake, while a Westerner sees imagination in a functional way - it should lead to something real. And if it doesn't the actress (working girl) is an evil, manipulative bitch. But the Japanese can spend tons of yen just sitting with a beautiful hostess who ignite their imagination of love and beauty - knowing all the time that it is a fantasy game and will not lead to anything substantial. This is exactly what "my" girl instinctively has understood and use to her business advantage. If she is an evil, manipulative bitch, then any Japanese club hostess is that to - and maybe even the geishas who work in the realm of imagination (however non-sex).

Said so much, again with all due respect, I am not going to develop this discussion further because I feel that it is venturing into very dark and negative territory, which is totally contradicting my own, bright, jazzy (my handle), life-imitates-art outlook on life here in Bangkok and my relations with its equally jazzy, street-smart, lovely women. I haven't managed to make this my perspective clear, but frankly, does anybody care? I didn't think so.

I stick with the advise from the great Goethe (at 73 hopelessly in love with this 17 year old girl, who "fortunately had the good sense to decline his marriage proposal"):

"Avoid the Negative like the pest!"

or in the Thai version:

"Khit booak ( think positive, was that right, old hands?)

Or in the German alpinist version:

"Zu fallen is ein sehr angenehmes Gefuel, so lange wie es dauert" (falling is a very pleasant sensation as long as it lasts).

The last one summarizing quite well this my strange "love affair"

amid the monsoon torrents and street fightings in this endlessly

exciting theater stage which is called the city of Angels.

I'd say my views are realistic, I've used some mildly clinical terms as they are descriptive (and I often hope folks might care to look them up and learn something, but I doubt that they do). I'm possessed of a furious mind and I'm sure that some greet my words and recoil. Bluntness can be misconstrued as abrupt and negative, euphemisms are seemingly so much tolerated and welcomed. I'd rather get straight to the point.

You write in a slightly romanticised style and I'm extremely happy for you that you are so content in this bubble, but people aren't nice and uncomplicated, quite the opposite.

You do strike me as a nice guy, who has maybe had the good fortune to lead a charmed life and avoid the nasty unpleasantness that is so pervasive in modern society. Not all are so fortunate, the stained sidewalks of Pattaya are testament to many failed dreams and unfortunate meetings. I'd further remind you that even the most sagacious and sharp minds can fail emotionally. Einstein being a good example.

An aside if I may and something I omitted earlier. People learn what they live, hence the emergent actress may become the seasoned pro. All human learning follows the J curve. We adapt to survive and what was once just an act becomes utterly ingrained and indistinguishable. Barwork inculcates the ladies to a cold detached mindset, being used will do that. It's no ones fault, it is what it is.

Maybe you are supremely intelligent and profoundly wise, but you're not exempt from failing. However, I wish you luck in your endeavors and affairs of the heart. Long may you continue to be untouched by the malice to be found in so many.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The idea that their sexual needs are fulfilled by a richer fantasy life/imagination doesn't ring true to me (Asian guy).

In Japan it is definitely so, while in Germany we just have - usual brothels aside - swinger clubs, domina studios and some table dance.

In Japan you will find the wides range of offers in the sex industry world wide:

- Image clubs with train compartments, class rooms, teachers room, gyms, what ever

- Cosplay clubs where girls dress in your favorite manga/anime/computer game heroine dress

- Non-pan shabu shabu, luxury restaurants for the elite (politicians, companies heads e.g.) were the waitresses work without pants

- the whole traditional Geisha business, the most elite/elaborate entertainment you'll find in the world

- the hostess bars with a lot of talk but no sex

- all variations of strip clubs from simple table dance to pussyplay

- Phone date clubs with school girls (Enjo Kosai)

- the love hotels with theme rooms

e.g.

I don't think that any other country has so much to offer in the P4P industry.

As I said, I love irony and your last paragraph is a splendid example of this craft. Like music in my ears, well put!

I would be tempted - by the sheer thrill of your argumentation - to continue this specific debate about her but will just say that 1) some parts of your assumptions about her might be correct; she is quite nutty 2) it doesn't really matter. A diagnosis is a clinical tool for treating a disease, that's it. But she is not sick, just crazy.

We are all crazy.

Which means that it is perfectly possible to reduce everyone you meet or hear about to more or less advanced nut cases. Then you would remind me of the outrageously funny looney doctor Sir Roderick Glossop in some of Woodhouse's novels who a priori assumed that a lot of, if not most, people around him, and particularily Bertie Wooster, were perfect candidates for a mental asylum.

So in this comedy you are Sir Roderick and she is Bertie Wooster.

Life imitates art.

Of course you are too smart to be a parody of a shrink like Sir Roderick, but you might sometimes be tempted to apply your professional perspective to areas of humanity where it maybe isn't fully relevant.

As you have noticed I am a compulsive quoter; this time from Pascal (no I have not turned religious):

"Nobody knows what a human being is".

Or something like that.

It's called personality disorder and you wont be able to spot it.

It goes a little something like this...

Someone who can act so well to give someone "the girlfriend experience of their life (sic)" is obviously highly manipulative, able to act and lie so well as to fool others into believing something untrue and has absolutely no guilt about preying on the weak and easily manipulated....highly skilled some might say, highly dangerous others might decide.

Sounds to me this profile fits a lot of successful people society keeps in high regard...

Archived