places to stay in PP

ron1954

I stayed at the Flamingos when Frank was still around. Yes, awhile ago.

The Walkabout was around the corner, I think.

I had no issues with the Flamingos. They provided an airport pickup.

But let others chime in with more current information.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

any other recommendations for hotel in PP?

I would like to stay near the river, therefore Flamingos wouldn't be an option.

Previously I stayed at the River Star, but recent reviews at Tripadvisor.com were mostly negative.

Also this time I would like to stay at a hotel which is a little bit nicer.

Any recommendations in the price range up to 40 USD?

• 4 weeks later...
I usually stay at the Indochine II. It used to be less than $10 a night...nice restaurant and near the water. Walking distance to Sharkeys, Walkabout, and the Heart of Darkness.

I found it quite accommodating.

I prefer to stay near the water front in the area with the new bar streets (no. 104 etc.).

I'll fly to PP tomorrow and I have reserved a room at a small guest house Velkommen Inn at street #104

I will report back soon...

Down the street from the old California 2 (God I miss that place) there are a few nice places on the river front, River Star was 1...seems there were 2 across from one another...I also loved Flamingo's.

I stayed at River Star a few times, but I was up for a change also I found the traffic coming from the main road too noisy.

First night at Velkommen Inn, four rooms, different prices. I took a large room, big bed, big bathroom, balcony on street #104. I guess street #104 is the main bar street now.

Took a nice girl from Zanzibar next door.

PS: Velkommen Inn advertises free Wifi, but it didn't work yesterday. It seems that they have a dial up moden and need to buy online time now and then. Now I am sitting in a nice restaurant at the riverfront with free Wifi.

Archived