Smoking in Hotel Lobby

unit731

In the old days.

The lobby of the Nana Hotel. Could smoke anywhere in lobby.

Then they rearranged the furniture and made a smoking room (or was that the internet room?) - anyway people smoked there.

Is smoking banned in all hotel lobbies including the Nana Hotel?

What about the semi-outside Golden Beer Bar/Nana Bar? Is smoking banned there also?

The Beergarden on Soi 7. Is smoking banned there also?

Beergarden tried to have separate areas for smokers and non-smokers (too bad they don't do it with the girls.) but have given up; I always manage to get downwind of chainsmokers. All the outdoor Soi 4 beer-bars will bring you an ashtray.

Finally, I now have FIRST HAND experience on a current topic. :) As I type this from my room at the fabulous Nana hotel!

The ONLY place you can smoke in the hotel (other than your room) is the little room up front that you mentioned. No smoking in the rest of the lobby, no smoking in the little cocktail bar between the lobby and the disco. I assume you can't smoke in the disco either anymore.

It's a shame, I really loved that cocktail bar. It was a great place to hang out after walking around in the heat all day.

Still, I suspect that the smoking lounge is more than most hotels have these days... You can always order food/drink and take it in there. Nobody will stop you.

-=/NN

Finally, I now have FIRST HAND experience on a current topic. :) As I type this from my room at the fabulous Nana hotel!

The ONLY place you can smoke in the hotel (other than your room) is the little room up front that you mentioned. No smoking in the rest of the lobby, no smoking in the little cocktail bar between the lobby and the disco. I assume you can't smoke in the disco either anymore.

It's a shame, I really loved that cocktail bar. It was a great place to hang out after walking around in the heat all day.

Still, I suspect that the smoking lounge is more than most hotels have these days... You can always order food/drink and take it in there. Nobody will stop you.

-=/NN

Whew !

Finally an expert. Thanks.

I was beginning to think that a large number of posters here were pseudo frauds - visit Thailand wannabees.

Concrete, down to earth, physical, first hand, detailed information.

Could you also check the outside bar? Please! What's the smoke status of Golden Beer Bar/Nana Bar (outside)?

Whew !

Finally an expert. Thanks.

I was beginning to think that a large number of posters here were pseudo frauds - visit Thailand wannabees.

Concrete, down to earth, physical, first hand, detailed information.

Could you also check the outside bar? Please! What's the smoke status of Golden Beer Bar/Nana Bar (outside)?

I will check and report back. It is an outdoor bar, so it shouldn't be an issue. :content:

-=/NN

Neon, how long are you there for?

I'm here till Monday, than Patts for a week, then back here for a week.

I'll try to go to one of the board get together things if there is one. (Of course I say this every time, and haven't yet) :(

-=/NN

Archived