Visa extension if already overstayed

sure why would you be exempted?

maybe the real question will be if your chances of extension is too low by having broken the immigration rules... :hmmm:

as usual the discretion available for the officer dealing with your case & any other higher ranked officers in office that day will be deciding factors.

do play your cards well & good luck!

Wouldn't that be riskier? I read about the tourists who tried to do a visa run after overstaying a few days (all less than 6 days). All caught by police en route and sent to jail. At this point, I think I'll just overstay 8 days and pay at the airport as it seems there is zero chance they'll waive my current 3 day overstay fees and grant me an extension.

The story you read about would have been a sting job. Like police waiting around visa run tour bus trips, money for old rope for the MIB. If you do a visa run alone the chances of being stopped by MIB are very low unless you do something else wrong. Until you get to the exit point of Thailand you will be a law breaker (visa over stayer) and thrown behind bars if found out until processed. If you lay low your plan to go to airport will most likely work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived