Looking for a new phone

khunsanuk

Hi,

My mobile is dying on me and I'm gonna have to get a new one. Looking for some recommendations.

What I need in the phone is:

- good calling quality

- long battery life

- email capability

- good color screen

A nice camera would be neat, but not essential.

I do not like fold/flip phones. Like the touchscreen phones, but probably too expensive.

I've been looking at the Sony Ericsson T700 and it seems to be a decent phone that meets my needs. Still interested in hearing about alternatives though.

Oh, and I do not want to spend a fortune on the phone, say no more than 12K.

Problem is that I want email capability which seems to immediately drive the cost up quite a bit, otherwise I'd just buy a cheapo phone.

Sanuk!

"I've been looking at the Sony Ericsson T700 and it seems to be a decent phone that meets my needs".

After having used the T700 for three months now - previous Nokias 6600 and 6300 having fallen prey to "girl friend's" insatiable appetite for my mobiles - I can strongly recommend it as the one that I have like best of them all. The Nokias feel just too fat and clumsy and plasticky compared to the slime, elegant, aluminum shiny Sony Ericsson. Samsung 800U comes close though, but I like the T700 better.

Maybe also because it is (partly) made by a classical phone company Telefonaktiebolaget LM (Lars Magnus) Eriksson, Sweden, which has always been dedicated to telephones, but probably such things don't matter any longer in industrial production.

For the record: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson was the spelling already from the start in 1876; my mistake.

Actually the mobile branch of the company was bleeding heavily in the beginning of this century, while networks were doing fine. S o they were quite unsuccesful at handset terminals before Sony entered into cooperation with them.

I've just got the Blackberry Storm on contract. It took a while to get used to it having had a series of Nokias over the years, but for Email its fantastic, battery life is so-so and I love the double-click system it employs. Camera is averge at 3.2mp but it does the job.

Similair to the I-Phone it has a tilt function which enables a full keyboard to be deployed on the touch sensitive screen.

Mind you I am not sure if you can get blackberrys in Thailand..

I was in Pantip the other day, and I saw a phone that might work for you! It's a version of the Apple "I Phone" that I have never seen in the US.

Those folks at Apple mysteriously called this one an "I Pnone". It was available in either white or pink, and as I recall, it was about 10K baht.

The girl selling them at Pantip told me "I sell for you cheap". So it looks like you have some bargaining room there!

I am quite certain that you can't go wrong there! :neener::neener:

-=/NN

Archived