Where have all the posters gone?

All,

Left for BKK and Pattaya for a few days and did not log on for 5 days. Came back and went to the board to check what has been happening and saw a total of 6 new posts (not topics, but posts) in the General section and not much else in most other forums. It seems the Thailand News, non-Thai News, and a couple other areas (Board Bar) are getting the majority of posts, and not really much at that (of course the Useless Thread still gets many useless posts).

I have been noticing this for the past few months. The board seems to be in decline, and what is posted rarely is of much interest. Mostly banter, joking and off topic stuff. Where's all the nightlife stories and info? The relationships posts? Resting on our former glory as a great Thai related and nightlife forum will not keep the board interesting and gain us new members. New info and stories and posts of current happenings/prices/places to go and things to do is needed... desperately I feel.

I do have some posts to write about BKK and Pattaya myself, and will do so. I'll namre hotels, bars and pricing and anecdotes of my 5 days away... but we all need to be posting something that may be of interest to all coming here, and may help spur others on to post their own experiences and info.

As I used to say years ago on this board's earlier incarnations... POST SOMETHING!!

Cent

p.s. Where the hell is the button to contact the admin? I cannot see anywhere to click to send a message to the admin/owner.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p.s. Where the hell is the button to contact the admin? I cannot see anywhere to click to send a message to the admin/owner.

I asked that of KS long ago and he said he wasn't sure what happened to it. Easy enough to just send him a PT though.

Save some brain cells too......I will hopefully be up Surin way shortly. Tell that DC I expect you both to be ready for a massive session.

I agree it does seem to have been quieter of late and I got to wondering if the gl;obal economic downturn might be in part responsible. Less punters travelling to these shores for various reasons not just the GED maybe and hence perhaps less interest in chewing the fat over Thai related issues.

I have posted a couple of threads myself in nightlife and relationships which I always thought well received with a good number of responses and always interesting opinions. I will say that there seems to be a hard core of posters, maybe 20-30 who can always be expected to reply to posts. The lack of beginner type stuff, my bg doesn't love me, she's fucking other guys, should I send her my house deeds, that sort of thing have been pretty much done to death over the years and anybody asking such a question today will most likely be met by replies suggesting they search the forum or just plain google it. Further people are becomming more net savvy and getting what they need without signing up and adding anything. Much of the info is free for the searching anyway.

I'd probably do stuff such as trip reports and other reflective material but simply do not have the time what with work, kids, wife, mia noi, gik etc.

Just my 2 satang worth.

Not only this forum, other Thailand forums are also very 'slow', except for the trip reports section of one but seeing some losers with the photos of their 'beautiful bargirls' in Pattaya is not my cup of tea.

I have no explanation about the slowdown among Thailand forums except maybe the general downturn, Jock from Manchester lost his job so no more money to go to Thailand.

:cover:

Hi,

"p.s. Where the hell is the button to contact the admin? I cannot see anywhere to click to send a message to the admin/owner. "

It's the one with the red circle in the bottom bar of each post, called 'Report Post'. Clicking that will report the post to me.

Sanuk!

Lets face it Cent - most of us that have been here for a few years have had the same 'discussions' about 50 times. I appreciate that you are going to post some current info, but my suspicion is that only the prices have really changed since my last visit in Feb : keen to hear otherwise.

I will also echo the same thing that some of the long-time LOS hands have told *me* point blank over the years : some of the newcomers to the board need to start looking beyond what they see on the surface in Thailand. Gaga posts about 'Wow - what is it about Thai women that makes me go all tingly ?' just dont cut it for me any more. I'm not the hardcore whoremonger that some on this board would have us believe they are, but I can see behind the smiles and the makeup.

Anyway, I look forward to your report.

Archived