Where have all the posters gone?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red - I like it better now. I can be up and back from Pattaya in a day. Carrefour has corned beef as well.

There's a lot of deliberate and lazy caricatures of the place. There are some fantastic restaurants in Pattaya and Jomtien for instance, particularly over to Jomtien, on the hill there.

Now the 'soi disant' experts have appeared and proved many points that have been made.

When I see people refer to others as 'not being as high on the food chain as myself' (threads passim) I let it go unchallenged, safe in the knowledge that statements like this are indicative of a deep, deep sense of insecurity and a fragile ego.

Similar comments about Pattaya and the people that go there I've made myself in the past - then I got with the program. It is what it is - which is more than can be said for some of the pseuds that like to judge otherwise.

Why does it have to be about being higher or lower on the food chain, why can't I just hate it? I don't go to Blackpool or Skegness in the UK, as they are my idea of hell. Lowest common denominator entertainment, for those who like that kind of thing. I don't listen to boybands or regular pop music for the same reason. I don't have any tattoos or piercings, again for similar reasons.

It's not who I am. I do like Jomtien due to its proximity to Bangkok and it does have a tolerable beach, but my reasons are simply about personal taste. If that makes me a failed individual in your eyes, well I never claimed to be perfect. Sorry and all that.

Dr Faustus <-- Pseud and soi disant expert :neener:

Saying pattaya and nana are shitholes is not being a snob, just a matter of being objective.

Knowing these places are shitholes doesn't mean there can't be fun to be found there.

There are some obnoxiou people on this board who have nothing else to do than analyze every opinion and want everyone to agree with them, this really spoils de fun.

:dunno:

I don't like the farangs who go there' date=' nothing to do with a snobby attitude, but more about they aren't the types of people I would know in England and I certainly don't want to be around them here. [/quote']

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Of course, I feel the same way about the Nana area... :dunno:

I thought having a snobby attitude was precisely what you just described. So what's considered snobby then?

Fine, then I'm a snob because I do not want to hang out with yobbos in dirty singlets and B99 flip flops, walking the streets with a 7-11 Chang beer, getting into punchups or stealing beer mats. Nor do I want to hang out with skeevy, creepy old men chasing 15 year old gogo dancers.

So that makes me a snob (versus just intelligent?) OK, cool. Then I'll say it out loud: I'M A SNOB!

Happy now?

EDIT: Of course, that doesn't mean that I described all of the denizens of those particular places; but the population of those I described is too high for my liking -- the fun-to-annoyance ratio is imbalanced -- so I find my fun elsewhere. YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

<< Walked into a Subway. 2 English lads, mid twenties, drunk. They ordered their sandwiches....which were then made...when it came to pay, they started shouting Dor-lair (excuse the poor transliteration attempt, bullshitter in other words) over and over again and walked out without paying and without their food. This was obviously pre-planned and they thought it was funny as hell.

I apologised to the shocked and unhappy Thai staff and said that not all English people are like that. >>

Think positive. The prats will try it in a bar some time and get the crap kicked out of them. :)

<< Walked into a Subway. 2 English lads, mid twenties, drunk. They ordered their sandwiches....which were then made...when it came to pay, they started shouting Dor-lair (excuse the poor transliteration attempt, bullshitter in other words) over and over again and walked out without paying and without their food. This was obviously pre-planned and they thought it was funny as hell.

I apologised to the shocked and unhappy Thai staff and said that not all English people are like that. >>

Think positive. The prats will try it in a bar some time and get the crap kicked out of them. :)

Here's hoping............ :susel:

Archived