Where have all the posters gone?

Hi,

I agree as well, just do not know how to prevent things like that from happening.

I guess since the board isn't that big, the regular people make up a huge portion of the posts. On larger boards you will likely see the same going off on tangents and inside stories, but the percentage of those posts of the whole is so much lower that you don't really notice it.

Sanuk!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And me I'm just an outsider so why bother to post on a derailed thread.

I agree somewhat with this statement. A person can feel like an outsider here BUT you have to get involved. You only feel like an outsider if you let it happen.

If you feel what you have isn't important or will be overlooked, post it anyways. Somebody will read it. You might even get a :neener: from TB. Getting your views out there will only help change your feelings of being an outsider.

I felt the same way and just said the hell with it and started posting. I would bet more than 1/2 my posts have been done in the last year or maybe two. I registered around 7 1/2 years ago. Went to a few meetings and got involved a bit. I've tailed off on the meetings but still post.

As far as the thread tangents and off topic posts. Lots of times the original post has been answered or discussed to conclusion and then it's just kind of a free for all. Not all the time but I think any board will have it's share of off topic posts.

Bottom line, get involved if you feel left out. The board has some great guys and you shouldn't have to feel like you don't belong.

I rarely post because as an 'outsider' if my post is on the topic it will be rolled right past by the regular posters who have already gone off on a tangent. There is nothing wrong with that' date=' but it isn't conducive to gaining more active lurkers and new members.

[/quote']

Well stated, good post and right on the mark.

As Troy said, get involved, become "an insider" or whatever. Join in the tangents etc...I/we are sure you have something to add.

Hi,

I agree as well, just do not know how to prevent things like that from happening.

I am no computer geek but is it possible to have a side bar, that acts like a twitter for such side remarks and 'insider' banter?

If the idea takes off, I claim 5% of the royalties :)

Archived