Where have all the posters gone?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many other very active boards like Secrets, Addicts, etc. There are a plethora of specialized boards available today that cater to any interest-Pattaya, Cambodia, Ladyboys, etc. Plus, years ago, this board adopted a more general approach as opposed to the nightlife approach it had in its Delphi beginnings when it was one of the few Thailand nightlife boards on the net. At the same time a few posters who were mongers in the beginning settled down and got married. A lot of posters moved on when that happened.

Agree re the clique - but like it or not many of us are friends - ironically I was never in the Nanapong clique ;)

To be fair' date=' Nanapong was begun largely as a "clique board". Those who were around then can tell how a group of close personal friends - mainly expats - would arrange meetings on the Nanaplaza board, suggest an evenings' activities with each other etc. KS rightfully pointed out that this is not a message board and that they should use PMs for such things. Instead, the guys decided to create Nanapong. Others have always been welcome, but it was and remains largely a board for close friends.

Originally, there was a fine Nanapong nightlife site, but it went down during the attack on all of the Thai nightlife boards (including this one and Stickman's) by a few no life wankers who decided it would be "fun" to try and get the board owners arrested and expelled from the country! Not only did the Nanapong website pass into history, but Stickman pulled his own board for a while. The idiot attackers were even posting real names on The Nation's website in hopes of getting the board owners into trouble with the law. None of the boards has been quite the same since that happened.

As to the current dry spell on Thai360, I'd attribute it mostly to the world's economic situation. Most folks cannot afford to travel right now.

[/quote']

The Nanapong people also wanted to have dance contests in addition to their message board being essentially a chat room, as more often than not, one or two posts in a long thread were relevant to the topic.

During the time period you mentioned years ago when Thai nightlife boards were under attack by the authorities, I think Khun Sanuk erred by changing the name from NanaPlaza to Thai360 to try to attract advertisers and distance the board from the nightlife stigma. Hindsight's 20/20.

Agree re the clique - but like it or not many of us are friends - ironically I was never in the Nanapong clique ;)

To be fair' date=' Nanapong was begun largely as a "clique board". Those who were around then can tell how a group of close personal friends - mainly expats - would arrange meetings on the Nanaplaza board, suggest an evenings' activities with each other etc. KS rightfully pointed out that this is not a message board and that they should use PMs for such things. Instead, the guys decided to create Nanapong. Others have always been welcome, but it was and remains largely a board for close friends.

[b']Originally, there was a fine Nanapong nightlife site, but it went down during the attack on all of the Thai nightlife boards[/b] (including this one and Stickman's) by a few no life wankers who decided it would be "fun" to try and get the board owners arrested and expelled from the country! Not only did the Nanapong website pass into history, but Stickman pulled his own board for a while. The idiot attackers were even posting real names on The Nation's website in hopes of getting the board owners into trouble with the law. None of the boards has been quite the same since that happened.

As to the current dry spell on Thai360, I'd attribute it mostly to the world's economic situation. Most folks cannot afford to travel right now.

I've got to disagree on this point. It was the closing of Clinton Plaza and the demise of The Living Room that started the downfall. Farangman lost interest after he got married, divorced, and remarried and Noozy got married and moved to the Middle East. They were the driving force of the original board. I even paid for the renewal of the Nanapong domain (which Farangman was suppose to reimburse me for, but never did) for 1 year in the hopes of keeping it alive. The New Social Order campaign only put a lid on the dance contests.

I havn't been on Nanapong for a long time (I think I was banned by one of supreme powers) I did

hear talk recently of yet another power struggle there.

....sigh....

Let's get this one straight from the start......

You did NOT pay for thr domain name...you paid for web hosting off your own back when you wanted me to start the website agin so that you could sell advertising. Do you think I would let go of the domain name or pass authority to renew to somebody else???

I had and still have my own reasons for not wanting to start the website again which i am certainly not going to go into here.

Also I think you know why you were banned from Nanapong when you avoided a certain person for a few months when I was owed money.

Archived