Where have all the posters gone?

â?¢ There are a few members who have lowered the tone of the board and pushed others away. There are a couple of members who are highly antagonistic and pretty much pick apart whatever anyone says. To make it worse, they always bring their own slant and perspective and seem completely unable to see that others are coming from a different perspective and different situation. This removes any sort of feel good factor and I know I am far from alone when I say this, but you just feel like, â??Why bother to post when XXX or XXX is going to come along, distort what I said, manipulate it and then abuse me.â?Â

â?¢ I hate to say it but this board has developed a bit of a Nanapong feel, meaning that it more feels like there are a few cliques on the board and the board is a place for friends to meet, rather than a place to exchange info and learn. Thereâ??s nothing wrong with the Nanapong approach, of course, but I think that is not what KS really envisaged here.

Its ironic, Stick - I wouldnt have found this board if you hadnt recommended it to me when I staggered onto your site all those years ago. Have to agree with a lot of what you have written above tho - I'm surprised that you still post at all after the whole Galt debacle. I still have absolutely no idea what happened there, and I dont want to dig it up again, but some board members definitely took it as an opportunity to target you, IMO. Its easy to be 7 foot tall in cyberspace - I have to wonder how many of them have ever actually said anything to your face ?

That said, its hard to bite one's tongue when yet-another-newcomer bounds onto the board, dick in hand, and proceeds to regale us with tales of his adventures in P4P and beyond. Asia makes cynics of us all. ;)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This board is the most relaxed and best managed one.

Pattaya secret: Same bunch of usually old sex tourists

Bangkoktonight: Almsot dead, focused on sex and nothing else

bar ladies: Same same

Thaivisa: Nazi administrators, plenty of flamers, loads of 'I know it all' people

About Thai360: This is the only one where a meaningful discussion can occur.

This said, I am most disturbed by a few people who believe they detain the rights to administer moral judgement on other posters while they themselves sleep with whores

:doah:

Agree re the clique - but like it or not many of us are friends - ironically I was never in the Nanapong clique ;)

To be fair, Nanapong was begun largely as a "clique board". Those who were around then can tell how a group of close personal friends - mainly expats - would arrange meetings on the Nanaplaza board, suggest an evenings' activities with each other etc. KS rightfully pointed out that this is not a message board and that they should use PMs for such things. Instead, the guys decided to create Nanapong. Others have always been welcome, but it was and remains largely a board for close friends.

Originally, there was a fine Nanapong nightlife site, but it went down during the attack on all of the Thai nightlife boards (including this one and Stickman's) by a few no life wankers who decided it would be "fun" to try and get the board owners arrested and expelled from the country! Not only did the Nanapong website pass into history, but Stickman pulled his own board for a while. The idiot attackers were even posting real names on The Nation's website in hopes of getting the board owners into trouble with the law. None of the boards has been quite the same since that happened.

As to the current dry spell on Thai360, I'd attribute it mostly to the world's economic situation. Most folks cannot afford to travel right now.

The Aussies aren't posting these days, since most of them have been arrested for one thing or another.

:cover:

LOL...guilty as charged...but not arrested....YET

Too busy...first 4 months as an "expat" have been hectic

Net not connected at house yet....TOT moves slowly... (hence this post from cent's computer)

Plus too many distractions.... God knows how many Isaarn Farmer's daughters have needed my attention (& assistance) over the past 4 months.....

...Oh.....and of course.....being kept extremely busy chatting (off line) ...with "The Clique"... :grinyes::beer::neener::neener::beer::grinyes:

Cheers DC

The economy probably has an impact but I don't think it's the main reason why the board is so quiet.

As many have mentioned above, the old members have already exhausted the big topics (Should I marry a BG? Whatâ??s a GTG? My BG is differentâ?¦) so itâ??s difficult to say something new about that. Yet we should try at least 5555.

However, everyone can still write stories, fictional or real; and stories used to get some success in here. Same goes for the relationships forum, maybe everyone is happy with their current relationships so thereâ??s nobody needing to ask for advice and discussion?

Last thing, if I may make a suggestion to our host KhunSanuk, I recently joined a forum and they have an interesting approach: in order to access some parts of the site, you have to post at least twice to have your account fully activated and then 2 posts a month to keep it so. There are many people joining this board (roughly 1 new member each day, it seems) but they donâ??t post at all so maybe something similar will motivate them to write something.

A very large number of people have registered here presumably just to look around, and then disappeared maybe without even posting at all.

Indeed, lurkers... But the fact that they see it's a slow moving forum perhaps discourages them to stay and, why not, participate.

Archived