Opey de Place Hotel, Pattaya

SpiceMan

This hotel is located on Soi Lengkee about 50 meters from Soi Buakhao. It has a nice pool which is not too crowded even when the hotel is full. There is a restaurant by the pool which is open during the day. The restaurant has average food, both Thai and western. The rooms have air-con, a king sized bed and a verandah. The rooms are quiet at night if you get a room that is on the pool side of the building, rather than the road side. The hotel is guest friendly and there is a security guard on duty at night. There are locked security boxes in a room behind reception. I stayed in February when the price for a standard room was 800 baht. This was discounted to 750 baht because we stayed for a week. I highly recommend this hotel for the money because of the nice pool, king sized bed and guest friendly policy.

http://www.opeydeplacepattaya.com/index.htm

I wouldn't say never. Some hotels have small pools and few sun beds. For example Dynasty Inn in Pattaya has a small pool on the roof and it only takes a few other swimmers for this pool to feel crowded. Another example is the Sutus Court on Soi Buakhao. This hotel's pool is also used by guests at the 18 Coins Hotel so it gets more crowded than you might expect. You're right about the Hard Rock Pool getting crowded. Shame because it is probably the best pool in Pattaya.

Forgot to mention that the pool at Opey de Place is a jacuzzi pool.

Archived