Falling on the subway/skytrain

khunsanuk

Hi,

Standing on the subway just now, without any handholds close by, I was wondering if anyone has actually ever fallen or seen someone fall.

When the trains get crowded it is sometimes not that easy to find something to hold onto or to find a good spot to stand.

And no, I didn't fall myself :)

Sanuk!

the more crowded trains get the more impossible it is to fall, but of course bumping into strangers is not the most polite thing to do although also I never witnessed or heard about such incidents!

read about a famous girl from one of the numerous glossy magazines once tripped at a BTS station in her high heels & referred to that as her most embarrassing moment as she was wearing a quite 'exciting' dress & someone must have seen something they probably shouldn't have :hubba: :rolleyes:

no falls to report on bts or mrt...

none on the chao praya riverboats either...

but twice i've witnessed ticket sellers on the klong san saeb ferries drop into the (murky, stinking) klong...predictably enough, neither could swim...first one managed to grab a hold of a pier; i tossed the second one a couple of "life vests" (just bits of orange plastic) she could hang on to till the boat could make its way back...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived