Access to kids after divorce?

Redbaron

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update : got the lad for this weekend, and he's pretty chuffed... told the ex I got the flick from work and her $$ may be affected, especially if I don't get to see the lad when I'm entitled to, and if she doesn't stick to the divorce agreement which she hasn't been doing. That got her to cooperate.

• 2 weeks later...
Hardest thing I ever did was let my 1st wife take #1 daughter away with her overseas. The rationale was that if Wife was happy, Daughter would have better life. vs unhappy Wife = unhappy Daughter.

Daughter grew up, happy, loves me. Wife dead, good riddance.

Coss

I like your thinking. Pure class, IMO. :thumbup: That is, the first part, of course. That doesn't mean I don't understand the second part. I do, I do. :grin:

• 2 years later...

Just read this thread. I hope everything goes well.

Scares the shit out of me because I can see myself staring down this tunnel in the not too distant future.

Something a guy who has been through all this said to me at work before Christmas. It would have been cheaper to get his ex knocked off and if he had been caught, he would have seen his kids more often and would have had a shorter sentence than the number of years paying child support.

I stress he said this in jest.

i was a child whose parents went through a divorce when i was around 6/7 years old and therefore know nothing about any financial arrangements.

i lost contact with my dad until i was in my mid 20's and we have kept in touch since getting in touch again and i often go and stay with him and his new family.

he has called a couple of times at my house and he and my mum have had a ball chatting about their time together.

i have a step-mum who who is lovely and a step-sister and brother who are wonderful.

they say i am their brother as we all have the same father and i love them both.

and i also have a new nephew which is so great.

hopefully i will get to see him when my sis comes over from australia this year.

despite the problems my parents had i am so happy that i have an extended family and we are all good together.

but the best thing is that my mum is so happy that i am happy meeting my 'other' family.

Thanks mate - FWIW it's all going a lot better than when I posted this originally. For a start the boy lives 5 minutes away now instead of 4 hours, my new job suits spending time with him a lot better than the old one, and his dragon of a mother is generally being reasonable- although often looks close to "boiling over" at times.

One day at a time....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate - FWIW it's all going a lot better than when I posted this originally. For a start the boy lives 5 minutes away now instead of 4 hours, my new job suits spending time with him a lot better than the old one, and his dragon of a mother is generally being reasonable- although often looks close to "boiling over" at times.

One day at a time....

Glad to learn that things seems to have worked out the best for you and the boy.

I got divorced last year, we hold shared custody of our 2 boys aged 11 and 17 resp.

But it was never an issue who would be parenting the boys and have them live with.

Kids are not dumb, they knew very well who had been cooking their dinners, always been at home with them, helping with homework and buying their presents at birth days and X-mas.

Their useless and utterly selfish thai mom lives only 10 minutes away from here.

They can go see her any time they want.

They just don`t want that.

They have seen her twice during the last 6 months. And only because she tried to buy them with a burger king dinner.

During the first months of our divorce, they went to see her more often.

But she would a) either be sleeping due to another hard day`s work at the thai gambling dent or B) be called by the other thai gambling addicts and just leave the kids.

Of course, she now feels that I am poisoning their minds with bad stories about her.

I am not. I never speak of her and I have no problem with them visiting her. In fact I feel that they should.

But, what goes around, comes around.

And she is merely paying that price now.

I never had any doing in this.

Archived