Freelancer Bars in BKK?

Pardon my ignorance but what and where are the freelancer bars in BKK apart from Thermae & Soi 7?

I know, I should get out more. laugh.gif" border="0

I'll just get my coat....

In the Sukhumvit area they are:

Angels Disco in Nana Hotel

Paradise Disco across from Raja Hotel

Riva's in the Sheraton

Spasso's in the Hyatt

Thermae

Beer Garden in soi 7

Street walkers:

Rama IV between Rajadamri and Wireless

Sukhumvit between soi 3 and soi 15

Kings Lounge and some other discos in Patpong have freelancers too but be extremely careful with these thieving cuties.

Say, Tired, what about the freelancer cuties in the bars you mentioned? Any thieving experiences there?

There's also the good old Urban Myth (I wonder) of the freelancer slipping a Mickey to the unsuspecting farang (or using the good old knock-out-drops-on-the-nipple trick).

Any near-death experiences lately on this account?

No, seriously:

"What to do and what not to when dating freelancers in LOS"?

Up-to-date price info will be much appreciated also. (1.000 LT would be my humble guess)

cool.gif" border="0

Knock out drops is no urban myth, it does happen, not often but ot does happen.

1000B LT is fair, I generally pay 500B st, some girls behave as if it's pulling teeth but again it is a fair price. If it's so bad they wouldn't go. It's just that they get used to people overpaying.

What to do:

Assume she's a thieve no matter how cute she is so take your wallet and watch into the shower or hide them well.

Keep an eye on your drink, don't leave it unattended with the girl if you plan to finish it.

What not to do:

Do not open your hotel safe when she's watching, she may remember the code, some girls will ask you to store their gold in the safe just so they can see you type in the code. Needless to say you'll wake up alone with an empty safe.

And of course do not pay more than 1000bht, I ussually get away with 500 but for 1000 you should never get complaints, unless you found her in Pat Pong where the decease of overpaying has claimed many victims.

99% of the freelance girls are relatively honest and won't put rohypnol in your beer and clear out the safe but always use common sense just in case you got that bad apple. Even the nicest girls may not be able to withstand the temptation if she knows there's a bulk of money lying around for grabs. As always the one who seems the most trustworthy is the one who will fuck you the hardest.

There was a sobering story on the old Nanaplaza board about a poster who was drugged by a Nana disco girl when back in his room. Fortunately (he said), he used to do recreational drugs back in his youth and could feel the drugs rapidly taking effect. He pushed the girl out of his room before collapsing into bed, waking many hours later.

Both myself and another friend were slipped some sort of uppers (probably yaa baa) before. I, as a newbie, had complained to a girl about being tired and said that I was going home. By some miracle I was wide awake only 30 minutes later. It wasn't until I got back to my room at 5am that I knew something was wrong.

Now I always take my drink with me- even to the toilet.

Cheers!

How on earth could a girl hope to profit by slipping you uppers that of course, will keep you awake, thereby making it impossible for her to steal from you????

Doesn't anyone see a slight flaw here????

quote:

Originally posted by Crash999:

Now I always take my drink with me- even to the toilet.Cheers!

I have been in very few bars were I would leave an opened beer on the bar to take a leak. Unless you have a friend watching. Take your leaks between beers.

Ted

Crash you touched a nerve there.

I was in a Ptty go go a couple of years ago. Think it was possibly called Honey a Go Go. It was on Walking Street not far from the entrance by the pier. With a buddy. Laughing and joking with a few girls. Drunk. Been around a bit and was relaxed with no worries. One of the girls came around and gave a "sweet" to one of the other girls. Next thing I knew the "sweet" was pushed into my mouth and it slipped straight down the gullet.

Sobered me up pretty quick. Don't know what type of pill it was. Could have been vitamin V for all I know as I didn't see it. Could have been a cough sweet. Could have been speed. Could have been a knock out drop. Contraceptive pill. Whatever it was I told my buddy and both of us thought it was best to get out of there pretty quick.

If you have ever wondered what it's like to suffer with paranoia then I can tell you that it's no joy. We got away from the go go quick. Headed off down to the bar beers on beach road to lay low for a while. Shot a few frames of pool. Drank soft drinks. I was absolutely wired. Couldn't relax. Started feeling fuzzy headed and not quite right. Difficult to describe and remember as the overriding recollection was fear of the unknown. Don't know what the cause was.

So, we stayed up all night. Going from one late bar beer to the next. Ended up playing pool, last customers in a bar till sunrise. Went up to 2nd road and crashed out on a bench outside a cafe till they opened for breakfast. Only then, 8 hours later, did I feel confident enough to go and sleep whatever it was off.

My reaction could have been totally psychosomatic I guess. But you never know. What I do know is that someone popped me a pill just like that without even bothering to mask what they were doing by placing it in a drink. I'd been around a bit, not a newbie, but I think the fatal mistake was that I was too relaxed 'cos I was sloshed. Keep your wits about you.

Archived