Harley Pub - Prasat (close to Surin)

Central Scrutinizer

Have been out and about recently with the Dumb Cnut searching and destroying places to eat and drink and be merry in the area of Surin.

Harley Bar is a nice little pub about 20 minutes drive out of Surin by the city of Prasat. It sits in a small block of shophouses just off the highway 24 and Rte 214 junction of 24. While on Highway 24 when you hit the junction where 24 and Rte 214 meet you take a right on 214 heading to Prasat (a left turn would take you to Surin). After taking the right off 24 onto 214 heading to Prasat you take the very next right! There is a strip of townhouses on your right after you make the turn. At the entrance can be seen a 'guard shack'. This is the driveway you want to enter. Go in and drive down until you see a roofed market area on your left (it is new and big, just a roof and columns). It is only maybe 30 or 40 meters in the entrance. Across from this market area is two roads with a small strip of grass in between. Turn right into the first road and go to the end. Harley Pub is there on your left (next to another farang owned establishment named "Gary's Restaurant" and his shop for buying farang foods -which I'll name when I remember what the fuck it is called :-) ). Ah yes, Stafford's is the name of Gary's place next door to Harley Pub - I'll make a post on this great place as well later.)

Harley Pub is owned by a nice, friendly and 'very big' Londoner named Paul, a fairly young chap - compared to DS and myself at least. Plenty of good boozes available here, they have a decent pool table as well - which DS and I are using to practice on every couple of days to up our game), nice seating out front, small bar, good music and big flat screen TVs as well. Harley Pub is a great place to unwind, have a drink (food is available from the restaurant next door, and it is the best farang food available around these parts and top stuff), and have a chat with local farang, the owner, and have a game of pool (only snooker seems to be available now in Surin city).

Definitely worth the drive from Surin and a nice place to eat, drink, and be merry.

Across the street are a few karaoke bars with ladies available for more than just singing, down the street same side as the Harley Pub is a small Thai pub/club with ladies available for fun. It is a small area with some options for sanuk, your female companionship choices are limited but there are a couple cuties here and there. Speaking Thai is pretty much needed, although as usual a smattering of English is known by many of the ladies.

Check it out if you are in the area. You can't go wrong here.

Cent

CTO,

Actually, we are going about looking for things to do and places to eat in the 'greater Surin' area, for us bored farangs. Spent one afternoon recently just driving around the city looking for a place to play pool, one with AC preferrably. Found 2 or 3 snooker pubs/clubs (one in the Memorial Hotel as well, which has a soapy massage), but no pool tables in the friggin' city at all. There used to be a couple places, but all closed and gone now.

One of these nights we will be going to all the fairy light bars on the outskirts and seeing what is up with these places around here, and see if there is any... sanuk.

Another thing on the list to-do is a weekend in Burirum checking out the nightlife there for us bored farangs. Korat is on the list, as well as Ubon Ratch, Sisaket, etc. There are some other message boards that tell of some of these places, so we will do some research, then check them out and report back here on the list in the Isaan section here.

All in the name of research and helping out the board members here of course.

Cent

You should pop up here - there are now two Laos brothels I can take you miscreants too.

The places with fairy lights are usually karoke bars with food and drink and . . . GIRLS!!!!!!

Good cheap fun - I don't like them as I don't like karoke.

Archived