Shopping for a netbook

yfs

I bought an Acer Aspire One about 8 months ago for 10,000 Baht. At the time they were selling LOTS of them. Saw arabs buying 2 and 3 at a time. If you decide on this machine stay away from the Solid State Hard Drive (8gig). The read/write speed is extremely slow. The hard drive version is better but more expensive.

No matter what netbook you decide on, the small screens are not easy to work with (for me). Fine if you don't use your machine for word or spreadsheet stuff a lot. Otherwise, try to find a notebook with at least a 12" screen.

Cheers,

Elroy

I have both an MSI Wind netbook (that I am currently typing on), as well as an older Asus Eee PC that I picked up over a year ago.

The Asus EEE PC does not have a hard drive, and runs linux. Both things limit it's usablity as far as what I needed it to do.

The MSI is nice, runs Windows XP, and has a hard drive. I've had no problems running MS Office (an older version, have not tried the latest), and can even run decent games. (I can run Grand Theft Auto Vice City with NO problems).

However, with that said if I had to buy one today, I would look at the Acer Aspire One. They have a model with the same specs as my MSI Wind, but significantly cheaper.

Acer Aspire netbooks are sold everywhere in Pantip, so I'm sure a Thai keyboard version is available somewhere.

-=/NN

Archived