"Big Hollywood star" kills himself in Bangkok

Ed Zeppelin

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Kung Fu and Kill Bill star David Carradine was found hung in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

Ads by Google

"Kung Fu" and "Kill Bill" star David Carradine was found hung himself in a closet in a hotel room in Bangkok on Wednesday, Thai police said.

Police believed he committed suicide.

Carradine, 72, was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and stayed at a Suite Room 352 of the Park Nai Lert Hotel on Wireless Road since June 2.

The film crew were aware of his absence when they went to dine out at a restaurant on Sathorn Road on June 3.

Carradine did not show up at the dinner and the team could not reach him. They assumed that he took a rest because of his age.

It was a hotel's maid who opened his suite on Thursday at 10 am only to find Carradine in a closet. He was described as behind half naked.

Police investigation showed that he hung himself with a rope, the kind that is used with curtains.

Police said he was dead for not less than 12 hours and found no sign of fighting and assaults.

Kung Fu Man

Aside from Quentin Tarantino's twopart "Kill Bill" in 200304, Carradine was perhaps best known for his role as the fugitive halfChinese Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in the 1970s easternwestern TV drama "Kung Fu". He also starred in Martin Scorsese's "Boxcar Bertha" in 1972, portrayed folksinger Woody Guthrie in "Bound for Glory" in 1976, acted in Ingmar Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and costarred with half brothers Keith Carradine and Robert Carradine in the 1980 western "The Long Riders".

His father was the noted actor John Carradine.

In Thai cinemas, Carradine was recently seen as a martialarts guru in the Rob Schneider comedy "Big Stan" and as a perverted elderly Chinese mobster in "Crank: High Voltage" starring Jason Statham.

Hardly a big star any more, but a surprise none the less. Carradine had been known to do odd things in his younger years. I think he was into drugs at one time. Still, hanging yourself in a closet in a hotel? Something odd here ...

That was once a very nice hotel, one of my favourites in the 1980s. From what I can see from the outside, it looks like it is past its prime.

<< He was described as behind half naked. >>

The Nation always brings you the real news ...

back in the 70s, i liked his Kung Fu serie. :rip:

Ironically, that show was designed for Bruce Lee, but some idiots at the network decided the viewers wouldn't go for an Asian kung fu star. So they picked David Caradine and pretended he was half-Chinese. Caradine was good in it, though he never really looked very convincing.

Archived