visited Saphan Kwai, local agogo area

roadpeople

visited Saphan Kwai tonight, the local agogo & bar area. It's definitely a MUST go place.

I lived in Bangkok for several months, long ago, speak very little Thai. But it's easy to get along in English in Saphan Kwai.

There are about 10 agogo/bars in Saphan Kwai, near Suda Palace Hotel. They are:

Music VDO

TDED-99

HarLem

RCA1

Spicy Girl

For You

RCA2

(the others are near the entrance of the soi, no English name)

I visited 4, Music VDO, TDED-99, Harlam, RCA1, For You:

Music VDO- just entered to have a look, quite beautiful ladies dancing on stage, Ok decoration. A post mentioned there had sexy show, I didn't stay, so not yet verified in this visit.

TDED-99 - the largest agogo in Saphan Kwai, young & good looking BGs. 2 stages, simple light system, good sound system. The bar is larger than any in NANA & SC. 4-6 BGs dance on 2 stages, changed one by one. Some tall ladies are found here. (may have shows, I left early). Must go.

Harlam- worst dacing girls in Saphan Kwai, fatty & urgy. Good stage, light & sound system.

RCA1- young BGs, rundown stage, with OK light system, very few customers.

For You- very young & good looking BGs, nudy show at 11:30pm full house, just nudy dance, no content, no design, nothing at all (paying 100baht tip dancing on u). Good stage, light & sound system. Must go.

I must clarify some misunderstanding:

-farang are welcome there,

-most manager, papasan & mamasan speak some English, enough to commmunicate.

-Some BGs speak English (similar but a bit below the standard of Nana & SC.

On avearage, BGs of TDED99, Music VDO & For You are young & more beautiful than NANA & SC; none are silicon breasts. Most importantly the all inclusive ST is 1500baht (barfine money inclusive).

The downside is all bars are hassle for customer to get a lady, papasan/mamasan are very pushy.

Btw, don't enter any Thai bar in the entrance of the soi, otherwise u will see old & ugry TGs, dancing on stage & care of u, unbelievable.

[getting there]

Most bars are located on Sutthisan Winichai Road, near Suda Palace Hotel.

Getting off Saphan Kwai BTS station, waliking back toward Siam, passing thro' Big C, walking up a foot bridge when reaching a road junction, getting down straightly, u will see the signage of Suttisan winichai, turn left entering the road.

After a small 3-ways road junction u will see the Suda hotel and some noen light signages. Here it is Saphan Kwai.

Saphan Kwai would seem to be a much better option if you are on a budget, or are after some action. The girls are, in my eyes at least, more attractive than what you find in any of the farang-dominated areas, the cost of drinks much lower and the cost of services much lower too. On the downside, I don't think the environment is as much fun and some of the bars are not that flash.

From stick's essay:

"Being part of the Thai sector of the industry, there's no such thing as the girlfriend experience and it's all very business-like. This is one area where the bars of Sukhumvit hit Saphan Kwai for six. Dominated by the happy-go-lucky maidens of Isaan, their infectious fun-loving nature can make for a fun night out - even if you have no intention of being naughty. Saphan Kwai was all rather business-like and frankly, the girls didn't seem to be enjoying themselves that much. My pal, a veteran of the area, confirmed that outside of the bars it is very business-like too, if you know what I mean."

Doesn't sound like my idea of fun... But I can see why OH loves it.

Budget is a consideration, [color:purple]an alternative is the main point[/color].

When I stayed in Bangkok, I went to NANA and SC every night, saw the same group of TG performaing same show every night :sad::sad::sad: . IMO, Soi cowboy is still my first choice, but will visit Saphan Kwai sometimes.

Also, the bar setting and the BGs are also different. Whether the BGs are more beautiful is no doubt a subjective judgement. I can just say, For You bar, TDED99 and Music VDO have more younger and better looking BGs [color:brown]ON AVERAGE[/color].

One point to remind, [color:brown]don't go there too late[/color] at night.

Most of the BGs will have been picked by Thai customers enjoying dinner on thier tables. The system of BG caring is by time (per half hour/one hour session). Even the BGs go back to stage, u cannot pick them.:susel::susel:

Yes, they serve dinner of Thai cuisine, just like massage parlour. But they don't have an English menu. It's fun if u go there in a group, to have dinner & share a bottle of thai whisky in soda, [color:orange]thai style nightlife[/color]^^ ;)

I didn't enter RCA2, though the neon signage outside is large & bright. Pls give details of the bar and quality of BGs.

After I visited RCA1, found a bit run down inside and lack of customers, I expect RCA2 is similar. The Khon Kean manager is friendly and speaks OK English too.

Archived