Lost Luggage

HSTEACH

We arrived in BKK Sunday night on Northwurst and guess what? No luggage.We filed a claim and now, three days later, no luggage. NW says as of this AM, they do not know where it is. Well the problem is...NO clothes. We've had what we wore on the plane cleaned everyday but hell wearing the same shit day after day is getting old. I've tried before on previous trips to find clothes in BKK that actually fit, other than tailored ones, but not much luck. I'm not talking fatboy clothes, 46" chest, 36" waist. Other than paying a visit to Jessie, which I had intended to do, anyone have any idea where something like Timberline/Columbia clothes for farangs can be purchased? I'm to old to wear some of the goofy shit sold on Sukhumvit or MBK. Any suggestions? Thanks.........

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Tesco Lotus next to Fortune tower has a big selection on the upper level...don't know about sizes as I've never bought from there.

You can guarantee finding big sized clothes at Central World..try the Zen department store in Central World, it has some of everything. Has a range of prices, but not too expensive.

Then there's always Siam Parragon and The Emporium for the brand name rip off.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune....lost baggage is a total pain in the ass. I hope they are compensating you.

Northworst is compensating at the terrifc rate of 3K Baht, that's for two people and four bags and payable only when you check in to leave Thailand. I'll be a cold day in hell before we fly them again. That's two trips in a row they've lost luggage for us. Side note, we were in a group of about 15 people on NW 25 who had missing luggage. Good way to run an airline. For the other suggestions where to buy clothes... Thanks!!

weird that NWA does not know where your luggage is ,

they have bar codes on it that get scanned at every stop,

Someone MUST know which stop it was last scanned at,

Call NWA headquarters in the USA direct, get mad , ask for a supervisor, get more mad , something will happen ,

With luck it never got out of Narita , then it might get found , If it arrived in BKK then good luck !

Dave

I've flown NWA a lot and the only time my luggage didn't show up in BKK was about 4 years ago. My plane was late getting to Minn. and didn't make it on the flight to Narita. At BKK, they gave me 2,000 baht and a travel kit with toothbruh, paste and having stuff. It arrived the next day. It doe eem trange that they can't tell you, or the 25 other passangers where your luggage is.

I am very big, and not just from the waist down :) There is a table on Sukhumvit that sells tshirts and some polo shirts.

Bad directions here...it is between SOi 10 and 12, maybe 100+ meters before you get to Sunrise Tacos. opposite a salon ans massage and tailor shop, staffed by deaf mutes. CTO and I got some shirts there. Also, near Thermae, there is a table or 2 with bigger sizes.

As for the airline...something doesn't sound right here...4 lost bags, only 3K total? nope...as another said, call the USA office and bitch like hell take names...something is being pulled here.

Archived