Friends home burns down..

Torneyboy

Bangkok used to be a wooden city. Still a lot of nice old frame houses were left when I came here. They are beautiful, fairly cheap and actually rather cool to live in. But they go up literally like kindling. The city used to have major fires every few years - one home burning and taking all of its neighbours with it. The northern city of Phitsanulok was almost wiped out by a huge fire around 1969. That's why there are so few old buildings left there.

p.s. The Thais have the colourful description "JEK DTEUN FAI" ... which came about for a reason.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank Buddha no one was hurt. I do have some serious doubts about some, no a lot of the electrical work I have seen in LOS...

What drives me nuts is that a lot of the wiring seems to be tacked to the wall, not inside the wall. That type of construction is a disaster waiting to happen. Another problem is the 2 fuse - fuse box.

What drives me nuts is that a lot of the wiring seems to be tacked to the wall, not inside the wall. That type of construction is a disaster waiting to happen. Another problem is the 2 fuse - fuse box.

Very common throughout asia to see poor electrical work; running wire in Panduit on the outside of the wall vs. Conduit on the inside.

Installed by: Sure Fire Electric LLC :clown:

Our motto: We pull the wire, you fight the fire!! :onfire:

Very sad TB - 2 years ago the house next door was hit by lightening - and started a fire in the roof between floors at ours place.

Quickly spotted or if not home the place would have looked the same.

All the best for you friend!

Archived