Dont remember if this has been posted ...

Flashermac

• 2 weeks later...

Pfff.. I wonder how long it took you guys to learn Thai language.

When I ask for a Khao pat kai in a restaurant I have to repeat it sometimes 10 times before they understand what I am saying and sometimes they have a look on their face as if I just said something dirty :content:

Pfff.. I wonder how long it took you guys to learn Thai language.

When I ask for a Khao pat kai in a restaurant I have to repeat it sometimes 10 times before they understand what I am saying and sometimes they have a look on their face as if I just said something dirty :content:

Maybe if you asked for Khoa Pad Gai they may understand you want Chicken Fried Rice :dunno:

my Thai is shit, but I have fun with it...can't tell you how many times I told the taxi drivers take me to Soi 11 )sip-et) and ended up on Soi 18 (sip-pad). Once asked for iced coffee Gaffa-yen, and got a cold towel...pa yen...oddly, I have seen where Thais have difficulty being understood by other Thais...of course, there are some Americans I have trouble understanding...Cajuns, some southerners...etc...

I once worked with a guy from the Bronx, NYC. I couldn't always understand his accent, and he had trouble with my (basically) West Coast accent. The Thai students would watch us having to repeat things to each other and giggle. They said we both sounded exactly alike to them.

:dunno:

• 1 month later...
I once worked with a guy from the Bronx, NYC. I couldn't always understand his accent, and he had trouble with my (basically) West Coast accent. The Thai students would watch us having to repeat things to each other and giggle. They said we both sounded exactly alike to them.

:dunno:

We all look alike to them as well...

Archived