2009/2010 season

sayjann

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played Burnley in the cups and they were a tough side. They were not awed at the thought of playing a big club. I thought if any promoted side stays up, it will be them. They were going to catch someone by surprise and it just happened to be man yoo. It could have been any of the big clubs frankly. That's how much I respected them.

Despite the setback against Tottenham, I think its Liverpool's year. Tottenham are an improved side with Redknapp and have bought well. Going to the WHL this early was gonna be a problem for any club. That said, I don't think the scum will break into the top 4 or even be 5th. Maybe emotion over objectivity talking but Everton (despite our result) and 'Citeh' are a shade better. Man City has the same problems Real Madrid has. Trying to incorporate a lot of talent into a cohesive unit. Hughes is not that man but the talent is there for them to gel to a large degree on their own.

My early season prediction is Liverpool Chelsea then depending on whether or not we buy another DCM and/or a physical striker, either us or man yoo for third. I think the difference in points from first to 3rd and possibly 4th will be much closer. Possibly no more than 10 points separating the bunch and one of those seasons where the winner doesn't get more than 84 points possibly.

Arsenal are off to a flyer but the true test will come when we play our rivals. It will say more than the Everton or Celtic games.

i'm not overly concerned,it's only 2 games played.

but Utd do need a top notch forward,Berbatov has started this Season like he played all last season and does not look like a 20 goal a season player.

Owen looks like his confidence is low and if i was Fergie i would give him a run in the team.

give him 10 full games and see what happens.

he will score goals but not sitting on the bench.

Utd have'nt looked that good so far but it's early days.

defence is ok at the moment but i hope we have Rio and Vidic back for the Arsenal game.

chances are being created but not finished,but that will come.

Arsenal looked good against Everton,but Everton looked woeful which was unusual.

Lescott has unsettled the team and i think he should be got rid of.

Chelsea are just Chelsea at the moment,many top players but they seem to take time to settle into a game.

i still don't rate Man City and think Spurs will finish above them.

Redknapp is slowly building a good squad and at the moment are playing some good football.

will it last.............?????????????

sperz have always flattered to deceive. Maybe this season will be different. They always think so. They may have a better manager than 'Citeh' but that's all they have better. Man City are building a great squad and one can't go on dismissing the quality they have acquired. They are also a deep squad in terms of quality and that will play a huge role in their outlasting sperz or any other squad in the Europa cup quality sides. Sperz get an injury to Keane or Defoe they are a much weaker side. City can suffer an injury and bring on quality almost as good and certainly better than what sperz or Everton can muster. Sperz have also lacked the character for the marathon that is the EPL over 38 games. Harry's job is to instil the belief they can. Its warm, the pitch is nice but sperz test will come when the have to travel to the pennines, northeast and midlands. Also, they have to deal with all those London derbies. Takes a strong willed team to get past all that and finish 5th. Everton has it, and has proven it with 5th place finishes. Man City have the players the best players of the lot to do it.

Pundits putting the Everton win down to Lescott and I understand it. Winning at Celtic and beating Pompey while playing as if its a training ground exercise puts the Everton win it is proper context. Are Arsenal back? No way to know till the trips to Manchester. Cesc has a knock and that will be a big miss if he can't go 'oop norf'

Chelsea have basically the same squad as last season with a good manager. Its a damned good squad that was very unlucky not to be in the CL final and that squad won the FA cup. When Ancolotti settles is when Chelsea will. If it happens later rather than sooner, Chelsea won't challenge.

Owen will get chances. It was a canny buy. Man Yoo will have work harder to get the same wins and points as last season. That will bear down on them come the spring where players are carrying niggly injuries and tiredness comes in. They should do okay but it will certainly be tougher than last season.

Archived