2009/2010 season

sayjann

CS and Munchmaster, unfortunately you're both right. Van Persie being out is a serious let down and all alternatives weren't available or didn't live up to expectations.

Van Persie wasn't afraid to shoot at goal (and score!), everybody else seems to want to carry the ball literally into the goal.

Hope Fabregas stays on!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think it will go to the wire this season, chelsea beat the gooners only loose to everton away. Man U then draw to villa. This has been happening all season where one team has a chance to pull away only to screw it up. I get the feeling that no-one wants to win the league this year...

My gut feeling says United will pip it, only because we have to play them away.

Chamakh is supposedly coming. The youtube clips show him to be a typical Wenger buy as a striker. Very good on the ball, close control, etc.

I think Chelsea will win it. I think they'll draw away to Man Yoo. Rooney is carrying Man Yoo at the moment. Its gonna be tough for him to do that the rest of the season. If he gets injured its Chelsea's title. Also, with Vidic being out, Man Yoo have a lot of problems at the back.

Chelsea have the better defense and at this time of the season, defense will win you games. Chelsea can get the odd goal each game, hard to shut them out and they have the defense to protect a one goal lead, Man Yoo presently does not or at least not as good as Chelsea.

New proposal by the EPL to have a play off for the 4th CL spot between the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th place teams to add some spice to it.

It will be exciting but there are are far too many games as it stands now. Its obviously a money making idea. They are trying to mirror the lower leagues playoff for the final promotion spot.

I'm against it. Not because Arsenal may have to play the games but they should be looking at reducing fixtures insteads of increasing it. Football is becoming a never ending year round sport if you consider competitions in the summer. The break between is getting shorter and shorter.

Also, with Vidic being out, Man Yoo have a lot of problems at the back.

Chelsea have the better defense and at this time of the season, defense will win you games.

CS,

How do you come to that conclusion?

After 26 games each the stats are

Chelsea 61 For 22 Against

MAN UTD 62 For 21 Against

Not withstanding United's current defensive woes, which are no where as bad as they were a couple of months ago, they still have the better defensive record as it currently stands, whether that be the case at the end of the season only time will tell. As such I would say United have the better defence, and also a better offensive record if I may add.

I am surprised United are in the position they are now. As the season kicked off I didn't feel thta much strengh was added to the squad to make up for Ronaldo's departure and the loss away at Burnley second match of the season seemed to confirm my fears. They then responded with a sequence of five consectutive vicorties, a sequence which include the middle 3 games of Arsenal Spurs and Citeh. Then the season went flat begining with home draw with sunderland and away defeats to Liverpool Chelsea and Villa, the Villa game being the start of the defensive injury crisis culminating in the humilating 3-0 drubbing at Craven Cottage, at that point I thought United were out of it.

Since then they have gone on a run of 8 games winning 6 and drawing 2 (away at Brum and Villa), bagging 25 goals in the process whilst only conceding 4. Conversely over the same period Chelsea Won 5 Drew 2 (away at Brum and Hull) and Lost 1 (away at Everton) netting 18 occasions (7 of which coming against Sunderland) and conceding 7.

In the 8 games since Christmas United have closed the gap by 3 points on Chelsea but more importantly making up 10 goals over theam same period and now having a marginaly better goal differance.

Having some of the defensive players back from injury, Ferdinand and Vidic have not appeared in last 8 games , and overcoming the crisis I think that United have been the stronger team, I am not saying they will win the league but I am far more optimistic than I have been at any other time in the season. I think tonights game at the San Siro is so important to the season in whole, if United get a big result over their it could lift them for the run in, but conversely defeat could have a knock on effect.

Its sure going to be interesting! :soccer:

Chelsea 2 v Man City 4

Stoke 1 v Arsenal 3

Now only 3 points separating the top 3 and arguably Arsenal have the easier fixture list?

Out of the "top clubs",

Chelsea still have to play Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and Aston Villa,

Man U still have to play Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, and

Arsenal have to play Spurs and Man City.

Unfortunately for Arsenal we lost another player to injury. Aaron Ramsey is out for a long time with what looks like a bad leg break. :(

Owen out for the rest of the season with another ham string injury, exactly the reason why I never understood anybody would buy him to start with. If either Rooney or Berbatov get injured, this may be decisive in the title race since there will be no experienced striker available.

One, United never paid a bean for Owen in Transfer fees. It was a pay as you play contract with performace related bonuses. They did not boy him.

Two, name me one single club in the world who could afford to loose three world class strikers without it affecting results, in fact not many premiership clubs have three strikers of such calibre to begin with.

ABU straw clutching post, itmakes me smile that supporters of opposition teams reflect on Uniteds alledged weeknesses rather than the merits of their own club!

Archived