2009/2010 season

sayjann

hahah Mekong,

Touche, but still, I never saw it as a strong move to sign Owen since you just know he's going to get injured. From that point of view, I don't think it's smart to have him as your (current) third striker, it would've made more sense to get a less injury prone player.

Time will tell if it is an 'alleged' weakness and if this is straw clutching by competitors.

Just wait till April when RvP is back (hopefully), that may be a decisive factor.

It's a very exciting EPL season though with plenty of unexpected twists and turns at the top. Personally I wrote Arsenal already twice off this season and they're still hot and contending with on paper the easier run of games. Wouldn't surprise if winner is decided on the last day of the season.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good wins for Arsenal and Utd in the CL.

Arsenal swept aside a poor Porto Team without much trouble.

Utd outclassed an even poorer Milan Team.

good to see the crowds reaction to Beckham,never a fave player of mine but he was a good servant to the Club.

i would not have begrudged him a goal when he had the chance.

good to see him wear the Gold and Green scarf at the end.

he might have said it was nothing political,but he knew what he was doing.

this is a man who has always looked for the photo opportunity and in doing so he made a point.

the Glazers in the stand must have been cringing when a favourite old boy made a statement of his thoughts.

Big test for Man U this weekend. This is the first big match for any of the 3 title contenders.

Man U have the advantage being at home and Liverpool not at their best but I think (not trying to be biased) it will be a draw or loss for Man Utd. Liverpool need the points for survival. They need 4th for a host of reasons, footballing as well as financial reasons. Second they have been playing well against Man Utd recently. Third, its still the biggest rivalry in english football. Throw out records and form, Liverpool will be up for it full stop.

Archived