Sisters of Patpong...

MooNoi

Has anyone read the book "Sisters of Patpong?" Its by an American girl named "Cleo Odzer". She wrote it as part of a study she did for university in the U.S. , about the bar scene in Thailand. I have just finsihed reading it and can HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. I found that her perceptions were very accurate, and as the book went on she did not pass judgement on the male farangs she mentioned in the book. It is funny, sad, revealing and refreshingly honest. I totally expected her to slag the whole bar scene, but found that she wrote about it in an easy-to-read and "warts-and-all' (pardon the expression!) style. It would be a great book for any newbie to read, or even someone who has been to Thailand many times or even lives there. This woman really seemed to get inside a lot of the bar girl's heads and their thoughts on us are very interesting to read. Worth a look!

It is available through amazon.com.

Just do a search for Patpong Sisters on their main page.

You can also read reviews of the book and they are not particularly impressed by her "academic" approach to her topic.

She did live for a while with a thai pimp and that should probably allow her for some insights in the scene seen from his point of view anyway.

Hua Nguu

Archived