Where to get document notarized?

cavanami

The Notaries are a state regulated industry with the federal government having the consulates issue an equivalent. I believe there are people here who have notary stamps from US states and are willing to notarize documents for far less then the consulate (by the way, the $30 is way cheaper then the $50 it used to be). The problem with these state stamps done overseas is they are technically invalid. The notary is only licensed to stamp documents while in that state.

TH

I went to Citibank and they understood what I needed, stamp-stamp, check my IDs, good to go...I hope. Once I snail mail the paperwork to Citibank USA, I will see if the US side accepts what the Thai Citibank did here.

$30 is still a farkin' rip off!!!

No charge and it was not "notarized", they put a bank stamp on it and the person signed it.

The stamp indicates that I did in fact sign the document and it was witnessed by the Citibank employee. No notary stamp, just the verbiage indicating the the signing was witnessed by the Citibank employee.

This my work for me as what I had witnessed was me signing a Citibank (US) document. Once I mail it on to Citibank US, I will find out if this is OK or not.

Archived