Tacos y Salsa

So...no answers then? Yer gonna let me starve to death? Nice.

But expected, given your history -- hot air and no substance when called out. You should be a politician, a US Republican one at that.

So I'll continue on doing what I have been doing for years. Happily. Thanks for nothing!

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as I said, you totally missed the point, and you'll keep missing the point every time, so why would I waste my time? But, briefly, the

main point was about authenticity of the "food" or "meal". For example, breakfast burritos are totally inauthentic. You won't see them in mexico,

and you won't see them in the authentic mexican restaurants in USA (which are found in areas with proportionately large mexican-origin populations).

And then there's the whole issue of "burritos" in general...........Finally, there's the issue of: how can you tell if someone actually has an interest in, and pays attention to, issues of food authenticity.

And how do you know if a) anyone cares or B) you know what the fuck of what you speak?

:confused:

Oh, actually we DO know the answers to both of these questions, don't we?

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

"NO!"...

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

...since you cease to immediately stop playing and get as defensive as a wounded badger when called out. A pattern of repetitive behaviour that cannot be hidden. We already have a DumbCnut on this board. I guess SillyCnut will suffice. Errr, no that one's taken too. I guess I just will ignore you and call you nothing. That's a plan. XOXO dah-ling.

Cheers,

SD

...........Finally, there's the issue of: how can you tell if someone actually has an interest in, and pays attention to, issues of food authenticity.

I did a Google on the term "food authenticity". Here is the definition all the hits seem to be about:

Food authenticity is a term which simply refers to whether the food purchased by the consumer matches its description.

Misdescription can occur in many forms, from the undeclared addition of water or other cheaper materials, or the wrong declaration of the amount of a particular ingredient in the product, to making a false statements about the source of ingredients i.e. their geographic, plant or animal origin.

In the context of this thread and your attack on SD for his lack of "food authenticity" awarness, could you explain your definition?

;)

TH

And how do you know if a) anyone cares or B) you know what the fuck of what you speak?

:confused:

Oh, actually we DO know the answers to both of these questions, don't we?

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

"NO!"...

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

...since you cease to immediately stop playing and get as defensive as a wounded badger when called out. A pattern of repetitive behaviour that cannot be hidden. We already have a DumbCnut on this board. I guess SillyCnut will suffice. Errr, no that one's taken too. I guess I just will ignore you and call you nothing. That's a plan. XOXO dah-ling.

Cheers,

SD

Actually I care. While you have your personal reasons for not liking koow and that's your business all the guy did was contribute to a thread and you were the one that started getting personal.

Ignore button Tiger....use it.

We already have a DumbCnut on this board. I guess SillyCnut will suffice. Errr, no that ones taken too

Cheers,

SD

Tiger....Please do not associate "MY" family with this twat...OK??

The Dumb's...and the Cnunts have a very well established Family tree ...with NO Koow(ks) attached... Thank you very much

..."Silly" is a third cousin...twice removed....but an OK guy.....

I am Insulted by your effort to relate this "person" to MY Family

Cheers DC

:grinyes::dunno::neener::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::neener::dunno::grinyes:

Ahhh, the irony....A one liner from a guy who

just posted a "comparison" between

(1) NEP (the plaza itself), ignoring the whole surrounding area of lower suk. and

(2) the whole, large patpong area...

with a conclusion that (1) is more limited, and not as good as (2).

And, of course, sodom misses the whole point, but

compensates for that by writing a series of exquisite, and might I say, exceptionally poignant observations about the complex interplay between

social origins and geographic location. And interspersed with his keen insights into socio-geographic milieu of the dining experience,

he is able to bring into play the psychological processes that sometimes promote, and sometimes inhibit individual dispositions to engage in consumptive behavior within the localized dining establishments at any given time. [color:brown]I believe he has truly advanced the level of discourse on this matter to a level that, in my opinion, attains the level of fine literature penned by coss, in the trip reports section.[/color]

Whilst I appreciate reference to my body of work, I fail to see the relevance of a comparison between your inability to accept a good steer to some good food and my journals of dalliances with a few of the less fortunate women of South East Asia.

To fill my work with Psycho-Babble would achieve little, much like the efforts, reported in the Bangkok Post website that; "Hotels, airport and department stores join "Panda Fever" by setting up panda models to lure tourists and customers."

1246318828-30106314-01.jpg {photo no work?}

"socio-geographic milieu" ? Surely you mean "Social and cultural surroundings or landscape of a particular area or domain" which Milieu encompasses, therein rendering the "socio-geographic" portion of your comment redundant?

"individual dispositions to engage in consumptive behavior", why don't you throw in some

"your needs agendas" and "external dynamics" ? But wait there's always "conscious choice involving action to facilitate creative...." or "ability to hear state of being personal/collective".

Now that I too am finished being, exceptionally poignant, observing complex interplay and interspersing with my keen insights, I'd like to add that as a Cordon Bleu Chef, that I have an ambivalent view of Mexican food generally, but that Mr. Tiger has a palate that has steered me to good food on several occasions.

I leave you with:

AI (Aggravated Ignorance) – Conversational statements and dialogues by people (predominantly human males) with a behavioral tendency to infuse a combination of inane and uninformed personal opinions into daily communications with other people who are engaged in an activity that requires their undivided attention. Individuals manifesting symptoms of AI generally make a nuisance of themselves in corporate workplaces and internet discussion boards and cause a greater loss of productive time than Microsoft Solitaire or Spider.

and

MI (Morbid Ignorance) – An advanced stage of AI wherein the condition is further complicated by complete loss of common sense and purpose. At this stage the sufferer can no longer integrate prior education, training or experience with present circumstances and becomes totally inept in occupational and family responsibilities. The living room couch becomes their best friend and they seek constant escape and oblivion by eating; drinking (alcoholic beverages, primarily beer); smoking; and obsessing over discussion boards, definitions of words, others personalities or Morlam on television.

Cheers

Coss

Actually I care. While you have your personal reasons for not liking koow and that's your business all the guy did was contribute to a thread and you were the one that started getting personal.

Ignore button Tiger....use it.

Nothing personal at all -- don't know and have never met this person. Just that the one who calls themselves Koow seems to be a rotten person (using the anecdotal evidence of posting on this board) who has nothing good nor constructive to say. In fact says bullshit mostly and I enjoy calling folks out on that and letting them wind themselves into a corner.

Seems you like to do that too. How come you can play and I can't? Or is piss-taking a protected Aussie job? :clown:

Cheers,

SD

100% agreed.

Drove by there yesterday. Still open for biz...

I'd say that the new place will be next to the Phuket realty place on 22 as I described above. Not talked to Jorge about it recently.

Cheers,

SD

Archived