Tacos y Salsa

All I have to do is cut and paste your post where you use rocket (or possibly with 2 t's at the end) and then there's the proof.

I did a search and I guess I did use it *once* because that's what the resto called it. I'm sorry. I'll turn myself into the language police immediately. So I guess that makes Enoteca non-authentic Italian to Koow. :dunno:

Didn't you just go to china, in an area near your hotel full of authentic restaurants, but ended up eating at McDonalds??

Perhaps...I like their breakfast sandwiches and Asian breakfasts generally don't do it for me. I had a Russian dinner in Tokyo last night. What's your point? I eat at whatever type of cuisine tickles my fancy at any given time.

Cheers,

SD -- wonderin' why he is trying to teach a pig to sing...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope....nothing to do with breakfast.

All of these facts generally form a pattern (i.e., eating at mcdonalds at night because you have no interest in the native food of the countries you visit.....going to an italian restaurant in thailand and calling arugula "rocket" (even though you're an american).....and then your comments on mexican "burritos", etc. etc. etc...)....a pattern which reveals your lack of knowledge about authentic international food, which is OK..it really is......except for that fact that, as usual you feel the need to claim

how "worldly" you are on this topic... but its a joke.

Funny, most people enjoy my restaurant reviews given the feedback. But then again, I don't think you've *ever* said anything nice in *any* post to anyone on this board. So go back and sit in your little backpacker world and eat the banana pancakes and revel in how authentic you are. Buh bye.

Cheers,

SD -- still knows more about food & the English language than Ms Koow (or is it my very own stalker Emmitt pretending to be a girl?)

Hey-ya Bada. You know me 'm not a hard guy to get along with. But some people's kids...ya know?

I'm just trying to follow the "logic" of Ms Koow's "thought" process.

So is it that:

a) if one is in Country X, then one must always consume food in that country's style? Or

B) regional variances are OK, as in if you were in Thailand, Vietnamese is OK?

c) How far does that regional variance go? If I am in Japan, is Indian OK since they're both Asian?

d) What if there is an English-style restaurant in Shanghai, yet it is has a Chinese name and is staffed completely by Chinese? OK or not? I'd say no, but I need to ask to be sure. What about a couple of nights ago

e) when I was at a Russian restaurant in Tokyo, with a Japanese name and Japanese staff? OK, because Russia is part of Asia, or not OK cuz Russians look white? I'm now off to

f) meet some Japanese friends at the Bistro Hitsujiya in Yoyogi...but this is a place that specializes in lamb, which is not indigenous to Japan, indeed, it is more of a Middle Eastern place; however my local Japanese friends said to go here. Are they sadly mis-informed and I should tell them, or just be polite and only drink Asahi beer and not eat so as to follow the rules, or are they just taking the piss and want me to look bad?

I hope Ms Koow can answer promptly because I may get hungry again soon and need to know so I can eat properly. :doah:

Who know getting a meal was so complex? I am forever indebted to Ms Koow for pointing out the error of my ways! :bow: :bow:

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Cheers,

SD

" I'm now off to

f) meet some Japanese friends at the Bistro Hitsujiya in Yoyogi...but this is a place that specializes in lamb, which is not indigenous to Japan, indeed, it is more of a Middle Eastern place; "

I grew up on lamb , my Fav Dish

Kinda like sashimi for us towel heads.... ;)

Bada :beer: Bing

Guest lazyphil

well remember whatever you eat, authentic or otherwise, cease eating after 5pm and let your body fully digest before bed and preferably get 30 minutes of serious cardio in (not a 5 min pump and quirt, that dont count ;) ) or it just ends up as inert worthless flab :neener:

Ahhh, the irony....A one liner from a guy who

just posted a "comparison" between

(1) NEP (the plaza itself), ignoring the whole surrounding area of lower suk. and

(2) the whole, large patpong area...

with a conclusion that (1) is more limited, and not as good as (2).

And, of course, sodom misses the whole point, but

compensates for that by writing a series of exquisite, and might I say, exceptionally poignant observations about the complex interplay between

social origins and geographic location. And interspersed with his keen insights into socio-geographic milieu of the dining experience,

he is able to bring into play the psychological processes that sometimes promote, and sometimes inhibit individual dispositions to engage in consumptive behavior within the localized dining establishments at any given time. I believe he has truly advanced the level of discourse on this matter to a level that, in my opinion, attains the level of fine literature penned by coss, in the trip reports section.

Archived