Compaq notebooks, any good?

FAT_AUSSIE

Hi Guys,

I popped into the local I.T. store in Udit the other day and noticed some really good prices on Compaq notebooks. 14.1' screen, pentium dual core, 2gb ram, w/cam,250gb HD, HDMI output,vista, etc. 21,000 baht

Sounds quite reasonable to me, everything simmilar in the shop but Asus, Toshiba was about another 10,000baht more.

So whats compaq like? any good? or is a case of you get what you pay for?

extra 10K for something better is o.k. but how better than the compaq are they?

FA....

I've bought a Compaq laptop about 2 years ago and it's been a great little machine, have it running about 18 hours a day and never had a problem.

As said above Compaq is basically HP and I would buy another one without hesitation.

A brand I would never buy again is Toshiba, have had nothing but problems with them.

Hi FA,

I have bought Dells for a long time (bought hundreds of them when I was a network manager) but now buy Compaqs. What changed me was when a friend asked me to fix a software problem on his HP laptop and I spilled a drink into it. Ply me with alcohol and ask me to fix something...Let me at it. The keyboard did not work after that so we took it to the HP/Compaq place on Rama 4. They told us that the model was not sold in Thailand but they would fix it anyway. They had to fly parts in from Singapore and had it fixed in 4 working days with no charge as it was still under warranty. Great service.

I bought myself a Compaq and my girlfriend one also. Great computers.

zen

Archived