RIP Michael Jackson

teddy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, yeah...he became a pedophile later in life (and how many members of Thai360 can cast the first stone on THAT one? hmmmMMMMMM???? just sayin'...), but back when he was 4 feet tall, and truly black, with that cute little afro, fuck, the due could sing, you gotta give him that...

crazy to me that we were the same age, but there you have it...

Hi,

"(and how many members of Thai360 can cast the first stone on THAT one? hmmmMMMMMM???? just sayin'...)"

What the fuck are you implying here????

I REALLY do not appreciate you suggesting there are a bunch of pedophiles on this board.

Sanuk!

Just confirmed , died at 1220 PDT.

Bad day in LA

:rip:

For sure I'd have thought this was just him pathetically grabbing attention...guess not...happily, I am wrong. Never liked the guy, thought he was a sicko...only thing sicker were the parents who let their kids "play" with him.

He was obviously a troubled man, and I won't pretend to know anything about his private life, thus can't pass judgement. But it's ironic that he appeared to spend half his life and energy trying to become 'white', as he was probably the first black musician to cross over to a white audience to the extent that his 'blackness' became irrelevant. That was quite something, and a good legacy.

He made a lot of otherwise shy white people dance. I didn't much like his music, and I can't dance for toffee, but I can recognise the powerful energy and awesome craft in his best work, and I am sad to hear of his passing at such a young age. :rip:

jack :help:

He was obviously a troubled man, and I won't pretend to know anything about his private life, thus can't pass judgement. But it's ironic that he appeared to spend half his life and energy trying to become 'white', as he was probably the first black musician to cross over to a white audience to the extent that his 'blackness' became irrelevant. That was quite something, and a good legacy.

He made a lot of otherwise shy white people dance. I didn't much like his music, and I can't dance for toffee, but I can recognise the powerful energy and awesome craft in his best work, and I am sad to hear of his passing at such a young age. :rip:

jack :help:

Crossed all racial and ethnic lines. Sad. Since his popularity with everyone gave hope to what all of us on here see as a stupid notion (Racism, intolerance, etc.).

He still had 'street cred' in the inner city and treated as if he was truly royalty by heads of states.

I was a big fan of his talent but can't say must admit I wasn't a big fan of his person at times.

As I said in another thread about him. He will be one of the few artists who will transcend music and be known for ages. Elvis, The Beatles and him. Sinatra I mentioned in the other post but not sure now. Some may add Bob Marley to that list.

After the pass, maybe Elton John or Stevie Wonder, Bono/U2, Mick Jagger...maybe.

I remember when I was a kid, Thriller was shown on TV, late at night. The whole video! It was a huge deal. There were warnings that it was too scary for children, so it was shown very late. It was one of those times I was allowed to stay up late. A special event!

Now, it's played in the daytime along with everything else. Funny how times change.

I feel old.

Archived