Anyone know of a Thai counselor?

zen4dummies

Faustian said "The mother is unlikely to be psychotic in the traditionally held views of such a thing, but personality disordered."

When things get tough on her she has tried to take somethings out on me. I don't put up with her shit. She is in the process of breaking off with her mother and brother - no money and no house. For a several weeks she has not given her brother an excuse to come over. I am looking for a 3rd party for her to work with.

Coming from a very disfunctional family I have done a lot of work on myself and it sounds as though you are very knowledgable on the subject. I appreciate your input immensly.

zen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that KS doesn't like links to other forums, but maybe he will let this one go. Here is the list of Mental Health Resource List from TV

TH

Link

I actually talked my wife into going to NCS once. She went to one session and refused to go again. There are huge cultural issues for Thais with going to seek help. Think back 50 years or more to what the stigma was in the west and you get some idea.

TH

Thanks for the link. I will look into these. I went to Bumrungrad yesterday morning and they have a program that we will look into. I want to get her a couple of options.

Getting her to go there will not be really easy. I took her to AUA to take the test for English classes and if I had not waited until the door closed on the test area she would have left. After she came out she was embarrassed about her fear but then started worrying about being put into the level below level 1. They wanted her to start in level 4. I talked to her a bit about what Faustian had said and she was very interested but later started waffling a bit. I will have to be with her for any interview regarding any program and will probably take to the sessions, but not inside of course.

If she gets through this it will be a life-changing thing for her, as she worrys about going crazy.

zen

Zen4,

My comments are not directed at you per se but I will never forget the advice my Grandfather gave me which was "Look at the Mother of your current hole since that is what she will turn into"

That was a totally moronic statement of your Grandfather, I am sorry to see you support such crap.

Well, the drama continues, but less dramatic than before.

We just got back from Bali this PM and gf's mother has gone back to the village. GF's brother (the one that disowned her for not treating the mother with due respect) cannot put up with very much of her either. So the situation is that we have a bit of time to work out the problem that exists in my gf's head. How and when (it must be soon) is to be figured out.

zen

Zen, how good is your gf's english?

She can read and write fairly well but her enunciation is not good. She went to AUA, up to level 8. She could not get along with that teacher and when she was threatened with a move back to level 7 because of that she quit.

sorry to hear about this 'mad family' of your gf.

can only support faustian's expert advice & thus wish you all the best for a successful therapi.

meanwhile I can not advice strong enough to cut all ties & stay as far away as possible from her family both of you if at all possible.

cheers & prayers that your girl will be the exception & not turn into her mother over time :)

Archived