Born in the U.S.A...........

BadaBing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Around 1787 or so...but even after that, more Euros came...yes, "Americans" did some killing as well, but by and large, it was the Euros early on and even later. The idea of colonialism came from Europe...as did slavery, believe it was the Dutch who brought the first load of slaves here...1618 or so...Hence, when people claim "American genocide of Indians" they should at least point the finger at the right people, same with slavery, and neither is a justification for the China Tibet problem as 1-2 have tried to play...

Thank you OH for bailing me out of my own thread on my total ignorance for what those wannabe immys go thru just to dig ditch's here. :hubba:

You now have said *title* to this thread to teach the euro's how to play " cowboys and indians " here... :doah:

Good luck..... ;)

Bada :beer: Bing

Hi,

".yes, "Americans" did some killing as well, but by and large, it was the Euros early on and even later."

Uh... I could be wrong, but I think most of the Indian wars were in the 19th century. Many after the civil war. So, how could that have been the Euros?

And yes, the Dutch were heavily into slave trade in those days. Not something to be proud of.

Of course, they didn't provide the demand. Americans did ;)

Sanuk!

Hi,

"americans are the natives KS"

Right. Which is why it is so funny (well, maybe not funny, but you know what I mean) seeing KKK guys and neo-nazis bitch about the immigrants taking over the country. Uh... newsflash pal, your ancestors were also immigrants.

Sanuk!

'yes, "Americans" did some killing as well, but by and large, it was the Euros early on and even later.'

so the Euros were to blame for the attempted genocide of the native American in the mid/late 1800's?

Yes, directly and indirectly...this was the time of western expansion and rapid immigration. Most of these people were indeed Europeans. The killing they didn't do themselves was done by the U.S. Calvary, largely to protect them. Had it not been for these immigrants and the western expansion done by and because and for them, this would not have happened. So yes, the "genocide" of the American Indians was largely at the hands of Europeans.

This started with the Spaniards, and basically kept going. Now, the current "genocide" on American Indians is indeed the fault of Americans and the U.S. Government and our failed policy, there is no denying that. All I am saying is, it started with the early settlers, who were Europeans.

Hi,

".yes, "Americans" did some killing as well, but by and large, it was the Euros early on and even later."

Uh... I could be wrong, but I think most of the Indian wars were in the 19th century. Many after the civil war. So, how could that have been the Euros?

And yes, the Dutch were heavily into slave trade in those days. Not something to be proud of.

Of course, they didn't provide the demand. Americans did ;)

Sanuk!

Yes and NO...many plantation owners were Europeans, and by and large a lot of European immigrants brought slaves with them, or bought them here.

As for the Indian wars, yes, mostly during that time, see my previous post on that. However, it had begun with the first settlers/explorers, and continued for a few hundred years before we even were a country.

Archived