Krabi/Ao Nang, Langkawi or Penang?

Some great photos guys. I want to go to both places! I love it when people post their pics here. It really adds to the board and inspires me to travel more.

SD, I really like Krabi. Fly there in an hour, take a cab to Ao Nang, some nice hotels there, right on the beach. Very clean beach with lots of seashells dotted about, crystal clear water and great views. A few reasonable restaurants about, although nothing high end, just average grub. Some of the hotels looked nice, although I stayed there in a strange but very nice place, which was a house converted into a guest house. Don't recall the name sadly, it was great, with huge rooms. I'm sure some of the expensive hotels there will suit you and have good dining...certainly you can find a nice place within your price range.

No real nightlife scene when I went there, there's a few places dotted about but nothing significant or in your face. Lots of farang families and very few dirty old men!!!

I will take my lady there sometime...a nice place to take ones sweetheart.

Please bear in mind that I've not been there in over a year and a half....things might've changed in that time...but I doubt that much. One of my favourite places in Thailand....well it was...

Some great photos guys. I want to go to both places! I love it when people post their pics here. It really adds to the board and inspires me to travel more.

I might do some reports with pics on other places I have been if anyone's interested.

I just did one on Khao Sok National Park this afternoon.

Nice review, Fastuian, by the way. Pretty much sums it up. Definitely a BYO destination, however there is a place known as "The Chicken Farm" and there are some stray BG's hanging around in a place called Ao Nang Centrepoint behind the main beach frontage at Ao Nang.

The only thing I thought was debateable was your mention of "crystal clear water". Not so much at Ao Nang really - you need to do a boat trip from Ao Nang over to Phi Phi, Ko Poda or Ko Gai to get the "travel brochure blue" stuff! :)

However, the water can be murkier during the wet season (May - Oct) when the current changes and a lot of rubbish blows in on the waves from Phuket.

Still, one of my favourite places in Thailand too. :thumbup:

Take a flight to Krabi, grab a cab from the airport to Ao nang (tell cab driver you are going to Railay Bay) grab a longtail boat to Railey Bay, stay at either of these places

www.railaybayresort.com

www.bhungathani.com

enjoy

• 3 weeks later...

They are all interesting places.

But Penang I found slightly boring. Sure the architecture is interesting but is that worth the trip? The beaches and nightilfe is surely second rate.

Langkawi is a pretty group of islands. No doubt.

But I would choose Krabi any time. Its prettier and you have more options of activities.

Archived